Have listed here a track off a demo I'm putting together,
Have gotten some great tips, just curious as to how do you think the mix is,
what can be better/worse..
Dance synth and 7 strings...was a fun task to say the least

https://soundcloud.com/kntra5t/false-fairytales
Add cornstarch or flour.

Jk. I would also like to know this.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
a harmonic exciter can help thicken a mix up, especially on heavy guitars
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
This is really just my personal preference talking, but cut the ultra lows (<60Hz) and cut less of the mids in the guitar tones.
You have to think of all of the layers as part of a full mix, so having no mids in the guitars and only lows in the bass leaves the whole thing sounding hollow.
I'd also suggest giving the drums compression and reverb to fill them out a bit too.
This isn't perfect, but here's an example of what kind of frequency ranges I'm talking about:
https://soundcloud.com/corrosionmedia/mixtest-jan-15
i'd really love some more mids in the guitar and some reverb on the synth and drums (except the kick) also maybe eq the kick a bit to boost the bass ?

the music is pretty cool though Nice job
Agree about the mids. Needs more mids for clarity. I keep turning up the volume because the center/mid seems low. On my system it does sound a little hollow and I would lose that muddy low end (under 60 hz.). That's just me. I know some people with high powered systems and sub woofers love that sound but I'm not a fan of that ultra low rumble. A lot of systems in general won't even reproduce that low end. Nice stuff though.

What kind of monitors are you mixing on? Could be they are exaggerating the mids and don't have enough low end so you are pushing more lows into the mix than you need to. Just wondering.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
What kind of monitors are you mixing on? Could be they are exaggerating the mids and don't have enough low end so you are pushing more lows into the mix than you need to.
Up for this.

Also use a master bus compressor with a high pass filter in the sidechain, set at around 100Hz.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate it,
ha I'm mixing on some gaming headphones, slowly but surely trying to get the studio equipment there haha but thats my my biggest downfall with the mixing right now..
constantly going between headphones, car stero etc, sounds amazing on one thing not another, until i get something that sounds decent on both, by this time my ears have heard the same thing countless times...

SO all in all sounds like to trim some below 60hz...and up some mids in the guitars,
Ha i posted on another forum and was told maybe cutting some mids, but maybe ive slabbed a little too much