The LGBT community's preferred vehicle is the BIcycle (SONGWRITING - Week 59)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
3 21%
Song 2
3 21%
Song 3
1 7%
Song 4
4 29%
Song 5
3 21%
Voters: 14.
Haooaoaoaoaoaoaoaoai

Everyone should have their own batcave, where they could sing comfortably without feeling judged by relatives, friends and acquaintances.
Also to serve as a base of operations to fight crime.

"Acquaintance" is a weird-ass word, who the fuck thought of putting a "c" before a "q"?

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "so" (whywefight)

2 - "the bird of paradise is actually a flower" (deadsmileyface)

3 - "Railroad" (FoOltz)

4 - "Beyond, void" (SirZep)

5 - "Borderline" (mind_meld)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from mind_meld, it's "Waves"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Good old fails... Bike edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_A9gzQyGzc

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676232
1. so this song sucks amirite?

2. Your stuff continues to be tremendously divisive and I have to admire the fact that you still don't do this whole standard song progression thing that's all the rage these days

3. good chorus and good guitar leads :thumbsup:

and I know you think I was being super serious but train noises would've been just obnoxious don't do that

but I wasn't kidding when I said I would've done it. I totally would have

4. those vocal effects are actually kind of hilarious I love the fact that it adds harmonics to them though, always loved that effect. And like I said I love the super low end drums at the end. Voted for this one.

5. How do you drums again? I forget. I like the double tracked vocals, it added a lot. The bass sounds sick and I like that you held off on the guitars for a pretty long time. Overall you're really on point vocally this song, it sounds especially good. Good ending too.

To be honest in retrospect I probably would've voted mind meld right now but I liked both quite a bit so
1- I really like the general vibe of the song The vocals seem a little buried in the mix in my opinion.

2- Weird stuff but you manage to keep it interesting throughout the song

3- Simple but cool, well done

4- Good stuff, at first I thought you had a bit too much distortion on the voice but I kinda got used to it in the end

5- It's all about da bass. Nice singing, liked that flanger thing at the end

Voted for wwf
Quote by whywefight
To be honest in retrospect I probably would've voted mind meld right now but I liked both quite a bit so

Slut.
but its not fairrrrrrr

edit: I've mentioned this before, but damn my song just seems weird to me

idk it's just not like anything I've really done before even though pretty much any part of this song I've done before in another song
Last edited by whywefight at May 11, 2015,
You know what else is acoustic that would've fit perfectly in that song?

Train noises
Quote by whywefight
You know what else is acoustic that would've fit perfectly in that song?

Train noises

I like trains

gets run over by a train.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Still waiting for trifwnas after he left us hanging.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Quote by whywefight
way to skip me lmao

lol it wasn't like that. it was more like *opens thread* "I've never heard dead's shit before I'm gonna click on that one".
listened to yours now.

legitimately good. has a myoos vibe at a lot of parts but it's also hella wwf. it was a little too long imo but it was pretty well done.

also if you want I'll show you some recent stuff I've done 'cause you are the only trusted person on UG who gets to hear/judge my stuff.
Yeah sure pm me

I hear you on it being too long but I'm not sure what I'd cut

Edit: wait that's a lie I think I know what I'd cut haha.
yeah idk. I feel like maybe the verses and chorus all needed to only be like half as long. that's stupidly vague and like 'wtf that's half my song ur removing' but it kind of feels like a shorter, to the point jam to me especially if there were to be a bit more punch to the vocal parts and more emphasis on the straight guitar parts. /overlycritical

pm will be there in just a few minutes.

and I'll listen to everyone else soon.
Hey slippy i feel like i haven't been on the muse thread for ages... sorry i'll have to check it out, hows that 'album' coming along?

@wwf: my 'drums' are preset patches with my digital recording studio, it also came with software so i can create my own drum patterns and arrangements but i need to learn how to use it first. It kinda sucks with the presets coz they're all 4/4... lame.
Quote by mind_meld
Hey slippy i feel like i haven't been on the muse thread for ages... sorry i'll have to check it out, hows that 'album' coming along?

@wwf: my 'drums' are preset patches with my digital recording studio, it also came with software so i can create my own drum patterns and arrangements but i need to learn how to use it first. It kinda sucks with the presets coz they're all 4/4... lame.

Just use the 4/4 drums for everything and pretend the polymeters were intentional
Quote by SirZep
Don't make me write the next 'Stairway to Heaven'

do itttttttt
Wwf why did you not use that killer intro stuff later on? Jus curious (did I jus answer my own question? probs)

muse peeps, my last exam's Friday
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I wasn't clever enough to be honest. I thought about cutting it because it was kinda jarring and I couldn't get the transition to sound all that great but it sounded pretty cool by itself so I kept it.