I want a control surface, I'm so tired of adjusting levels with a mouse. my budget is not much. these are the ones I have been considering the presonus faderport
PreSonus FaderPort | Sweetwater.com

or Akai Professional MIDImix | Sweetwater.com

or

Samson Graphite MF8 | Sweetwater.com

My main functions I need is transport congrols and faders.

Also thought a midi controller would be cool and maybe I could get one with those functions as well.

Which would you get?
The Presonus seems to be the one of the list that has been more popular. Why don't you look up some controllers used? The Mackie Control seems pretty popular but probably too much.
Check into Behringer BCF2000, but it is all personal, how many faders you'd like and really some controllers work better with some DAWs.
For small cheap, check out the Korg Nano Kontrol...
For somewhat bigger budget, the Novation SL Mk2 Zero or Behringer's X-Touch Compact (motorised faders!) may be what you're looking for...

If you're up for midi-controllers, check out Akai, M-Audio or Novation...they all do some good 25+ keys
PreSonus FaderPort is the best I have this one

the thing that is better then the other you posted is it has a motorize fader so it follows your mix and all level changes, & simple controls you just press left or right to change tracks .

I also have a Behringer B-Control Fader BCF2000 and honestly I don't uses it much, I prefer the mouse most of the time and when want direct control I seem to be working on a single track and the Faderport is prefect and has a nicer feel then the BCF2000.
Quote by diabolical
Check into Behringer BCF2000, but it is all personal, how many faders you'd like and really some controllers work better with some DAWs.

The BCF2000 is about £220 new, there is listing on ebay uk with a guy selling Zoom R24 for £249. New. That's cheaper than the R16. Control surface, sliders and stand alone 24 track recorder with amp sims built in for not very much. Not very helpful if you live in Outer Mongolia or Pyongyang or somewhere, but thought I'd mention it.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Nothing wrong with getting the Zoom R24, I like that unit as well. Not sure how it stacks up vs the controllers that have moving faders, etc.

There are some tablet apps to iOS and Android that let you do fader moves, etc. Might want to look into that if you already have a tablet.
I have a Mackie MCU and have used it like 4 times. I bought it thinking I'd use it all the time and be able to do tons of stuff with it, but I just don't have the time to map all the things on it where I want and I find it more complicated than just using a mouse half the time.

I use my FaderPort A LOT more as it makes basic operations a billion times easier, plus it's small and doesn't take up much desk space.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm not the OP but I just bought a faderport based on some of the recommendations here. Psyched to plug it in tonight and watch some automation I set last night bounce around haha
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Between the three you're looking into, I'd say go with the Presonus.

The Graphite MF8 is build around a DJ system, not audio mixing for otherwise. This limits the amount of travel on each slider which can make for getting spot on levels quick and easy.

The MIDImix looks interesting and is built around audio mixing for a studio control surface, but the sliders do look a bit cheap and could stick.

In the end, these are just my thoughts and input. I've not used these three products but have considered picking up the PreSonus multiple times throughout my years, and have used PreSonus gear in my studio for years without issues.
Follow-up: Spent a few hours with the Faderport and aside from some annoying firmware issues (mostly locating the latest firmware, which is NOT on their page, Sweetwater had a link to it luckily) this thing rocks! The fader feels GREAT, and the transport is awesome. The extra buttons really unlock DAW functionality - especially in Ableton, where I am. There's plug-in and aux send/return control, as well as loop enabling and some other neat functions that I didn't expect.

For the money, you really can't do any better. Honestly, until you're spending over $1000, you're not going to find a motorized surface this nice (jury's still out on the new behringer boards because they're having production delays).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Considering Faderport is just a single fader though, that's quite a bit of a limitation.
Personally I like to have one with more faders, maybe around 8-12 at least so that way you can do a real performance on your mixer.
I had an ancient Peavey in somewhere around 2000-2001 that had 8 motorized faders, don't know what happened with that model, it went on Ebay after my production PC fried thanks to M-Audio interface...but that was great with Sonar at the time.

Look this one up if you have a tablet:
http://www.humatic.de/htools/touchdaw/

Right now I'm using a Bamboo consumer tablet which has a pen to draw and do automation in real time.
Quote by diabolical
Considering Faderport is just a single fader though, that's quite a bit of a limitation.
Personally I like to have one with more faders, maybe around 8-12 at least so that way you can do a real performance on your mixer.
I had an ancient Peavey in somewhere around 2000-2001 that had 8 motorized faders, don't know what happened with that model, it went on Ebay after my production PC fried thanks to M-Audio interface...but that was great with Sonar at the time.

Look this one up if you have a tablet:
http://www.humatic.de/htools/touchdaw/

Right now I'm using a Bamboo consumer tablet which has a pen to draw and do automation in real time.

That's what I thought, but I use my FaderPort on every project and have used my MCU on maybe 2. There's not many instances where I find myself needing to automate multiple channels at once, aside from fade ins and outs, which I'll draw manually with the mouse so it has a smooth dropout.

I bought my MCU to control plugins, mostly, and it's not as intuitive in that regard as I thought it'd be. You can really only control one effect, on one channel, at a time. This wouldn't really be an issue, considering you usually only edit one effect at a time, anyway, but switching between multiple effects and channels is more tedious than just clicking it on the screen.

Maybe I'm just asking too much from a control surface in this price range, but I was hoping to replicate an analog board more closely. Having basic EQ adjustments readily available for all 8 tracks at once would be so much better, but it's not really possible with the MCU, at least. I think an Avid Artist Control would be the best bet for me without breaking the bank, but I know they've had some issues in the past and I don't want to spend that kind of money on a piece that is gonna break on me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com