This amp has been one of my dream amps and I've seen some few used ones on craigslist. I'm in contact with a seller atm, priced at $625 CAD. So, for my questions, how much does this amp go for nowadays? I've done some research and read some got theirs for $300-400? But that was about 2-3 years ago. The seller owned this amp since 2003, never gigged with, only used a few times and just been stored ever since. Here's some pics:

What are your thoughts on the price? I'm gonna try this one in a few days and see how it goes. Some additional questions, Will this amp be too loud in an apartment? I know it's made to be played loud but how does is fair at low volume? In the ad, he specify that he just changed the tubes, How do you check it if it's a new tube? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated! Please tell me your opinions, Cheers! I really want this amp.
They run $500 in the USA all the time these days, so that seems about right. Maybe see if he'll go to $600

Apt use will be sketchy, but if you get it grab a tube screamer or clone to boost the front at lower volumes.

You really can not check how new the tubes are unless you have a tube tester.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 11, 2015,
kinda doubt anyone got one for $300 unless it was a crackhead buy or had something wrong with it. see if the guy will come down some. of course check it out first to make sure everything works properly and sounds good.
With the CAD like it is, I'd say 550-600 is a good deal. Some people try selling them for a lot more than that, so I would just try and haggle him a little.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Unless you're set on getting a 5150 for aesthetic reasons, if I were going to pay $500+ for the 212 combo, I'd probably go for the 6505 version, simply because it was made more recently. They are identical internally, so you'd be getting the same amp with a slightly different look.

For some reason, I see 6505 212s listed at the same price range as the older 5150s, and sometimes cheaper than the older versions. People think the older ones are "better" perhaps -- but they're identical. It makes sense to me to buy the newer version, just because it's, well, newer.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
What's your definition of too loud? My old 6505 212 didn't start to sound 'right' until the volume was getting close to 1/10. And that's decently loud. With an EQ and boost, maybe you can get it to work for you. I'd go check it out and see what it sounds like at the volumes you can use.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have this same amp and for apartment volumes you really need a tubescreamer and an EQ. If this will be strictly for apartment I don't know if it's the best choice.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Pretty much NO amp is going to sound great at apartment volumes.

Even the 5-watt Epi Valve Junior, which isn't really something that can outrun a drummer, will outrun your lease.

Headphones are the ticket; you can run them to tinnitus levels with mind-numbing bass AND treble response and the guy YOU can near snoring through the walls will continue to sleep like a baby.

My advice is to get the amp because it's what you've always wanted, but leave enough financial room to pick up a good set of over-the-ear headphones and an old used Pod or something so that you can punish your brain right into droolage and still have a place with electricity to live in.
I got mine for $400 two years ago and sold it for the same. The amp comes alive at volume 2, 1 is just muffed to me even with a tubescreamer. Definitely not an apartmemt amp.
Quote by KailM
Unless you're set on getting a 5150 for aesthetic reasons, if I were going to pay $500+ for the 212 combo, I'd probably go for the 6505 version, simply because it was made more recently. They are identical internally, so you'd be getting the same amp with a slightly different look.

For some reason, I see 6505 212s listed at the same price range as the older 5150s, and sometimes cheaper than the older versions. People think the older ones are "better" perhaps -- but they're identical. It makes sense to me to buy the newer version, just because it's, well, newer.

But 5150 is a cooler number than 6505

a lot cooler
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
But 5150 is a cooler number than 6505

a lot cooler

As a 6505 owner, I'm afraid I have to agree.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
I would personally rather have a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. It has a power section lifted off of the 6505 and a headphone out jack. What's not to love? Sounds great at apartment volumes and downright phenomenal at loud volumes.
my old 6505 head wasn't the best at low volumes. it got quiet, but it didn't sound as good as other amps i have had at low volumes. it is doable though. you would definitely want an OD with it though. and probably a noise gate.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Touch sensitive volume knob that goes from muffled to ZOMFG THAT WAS LOUD with a slightest touch. EQ with volume knob is often recommended to get more headroom and make finding the sweetspot easier. For apartment with thin walls any amp is too loud really but it can be done. I used Valveking 100w head succesfully in apartment without annoying neighbours. I didnt have an EQ pedal either so i had to be surgically precise with the volume knob.

Probably a waste of good amp but i didnt care, it was my first tube head and i loved it.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at May 13, 2015,
Quote by MaaZeus
Touch sensitive volume knob that goes from muffled to ZOMFG THAT WAS LOUD with a slightest touch. EQ with volume knob is often recommended to get more headroom and make finding the sweetspot easier. For apartment with thin walls any amp is too loud really but it can be done. I used Valveking 100w head succesfully in apartment without annoying neighbours. I didnt have an EQ pedal either so i had to be surgically precise with the volume knob.

Probably a waste of good amp but i didnt care, it was my first tube head and i loved it.

that is the worst thing i remember about mine. i have a house though, so it isn't a big deal.

also you can't say its the waste of a good amp. if you like it and use it thats good enough.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is the worst thing i remember about mine. i have a house though, so it isn't a big deal.

also you can't say its the waste of a good amp. if you like it and use it thats good enough.

Thats the point. The 5150 might be too much of an amp for his current living situation but he will probably love it anyway just like I loved my Valveking.

Also since 5150 is his dream amp there is only one way to cure it.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3