Hi,
I can't post a picture (yet) as I don't own the guitar. I've been offered a LP copy, seems very well made (in Japan), great action, accurate neck and fretting, but it's branded "Country", a make I've never heard of and can't find on the internet. Does anyone know anything about it??
Thanks.
Can you give it a full check over before you buy it? i.e. check neck type, pickups etc? There may be some kind of marking beneath the pups to help identify the make.

Brand of pups can also help to identify.
JK Nothing Here!
No, I don't think the owner would allow me to dismantle the guitar, and the pups bear no identification, at least from the top.

I'll tell him I'm interested and ask if I can have another look and get a photo or two.
TBH those guitars seem like the lower end Fujigen (probably re-branded for the French Market since that's where I'm finding most of the Country guitars), like an Eagle or lower end bolt-on Greco. That Country has a bolt on neck, 3 screw TRC (which means could be MIK or MIC) and (if I were to guess) probably a cheap ply body and even cheaper hardware. If it's a bolt on LP and the guy is asking more than 100-150 I'd probably pass.

The pickup would probably have the markings on the baseplate, not the top.

They also made more mid ranged instruments (better hardware, set in necks, better pups) later on that work pretty well. Probably can have them at a bit more of a bargain compared to something like a Burny/Greco but I'm not sure that they're MIJ.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Only buy it if you have enough experience to look it over and know what you’re getting. The easiest things you can do are open the truss rod cavity to see what’s inside and open the electronics cavity to see what the wiring looks like and maybe even if the guitar is a sold body or plywood.
The owner has obviously done some research, he doesn't want to sell now
Quote by GlynMo
The owner has obviously done some research, he doesn't want to sell now

What makes you say that? It's not a super sought after guitar. Maybe he just doesn't want to sell it.

It's not like the thing is a Greco EGF-1200 or a Tokai LS-320.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What makes you say that? It's not a super sought after guitar. Maybe he just doesn't want to sell it.

It's not like the thing is a Greco EGF-1200 or a Tokai LS-320.

True, too true. The 70's Japanese copies have bloomed to almost legendary status based on miss-information mostly. Many people buying into the hype weren't even born back then little alone were old enough to play and own one.
The only real Lawsuit that never actually made into court was Gibson against Ibanez over the open book headstock Ibanez was suing on their LP Copies. I almost bought one in 76 from a store where the woner had them hanging from the ceiling. The necks were bolt-on and believe the bodies were multi-ply. Cost back then approx $200 CAD
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
True, too true. The 70's Japanese copies have bloomed to almost legendary status based on miss-information mostly. Many people buying into the hype weren't even born back then little alone were old enough to play and own one.
The only real Lawsuit that never actually made into court was Gibson against Ibanez over the open book headstock Ibanez was suing on their LP Copies. I almost bought one in 76 from a store where the woner had them hanging from the ceiling. The necks were bolt-on and believe the bodies were multi-ply. Cost back then approx $200 CAD

there were some set neck ibanez LP copies and those are the ones that fetch the real money. they also made SG and firebird copies as well as flying vs and Exploreres. the big issue these days is that any japanese made copy guitars are labeld as "lawsuit" era and a premium price is placed on them. this is wrong. believe me if you see an actual lawsuit era ibanez you'll know why they got sued. they look identical to the real thing (think chinese knockoffs these days). some are decent guitars but many are no better than your average chinese made cheapie these days.
Everything about this guitar was good - the action, intonation, neck, binding on the body, frets... I reckon it was a v good buy at 150 euros, and I reckon the owner realised that too - unfortunately.
The dude in the article comes to the conclusion that its a Matsumoku guitar for those that dont want to read the article.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
^ reported
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster