http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCsOoehKUx4&sns=fb

Recorded this, I have been told by about half of the views they like that sound, and the other half are opposed. I personally don't mind a little, but it's overbearing at times. Now this could be because a person who plays music judges their own stuff more than others do, but can anyone lend a hand? Recorded on phone, with an acoustic guitar. Ty
I usually don't mind it, but yours is particularly sharp. What's the age/brand of the strings?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by pks330
Few months old. Elixr brand I believe.

That's bizarre, my elixirs are always nice and smooth and only produce minimal string squeak.

Do you ever record with equipment other than an iPhone?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
No, this is an Lg flex though. Idk how to do the fancy computer recordings lol. Just make due with what I've got handy. It is odd to me, because I've not had it happen b4
Quote by pks330
No, this is an Lg flex though. Idk how to do the fancy computer recordings lol. Just make due with what I've got handy. It is odd to me, because I've not had it happen b4

Maybe your mic was pointed at the fretboard and it got a little too much squeak? Try pointing it towards the joint where the neck meets the body, that's where the fullest tone is projected from.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
That's really the bane of recording acoustic guitar. I find the noise unbearable. It's largely a technique issue and some songs will make it worse than others. You can EQ some of it out, but it will hurt the overall sound quality since you're cutting some vital frequencies of the guitar by doing that.
Yea, I personally hate it, but I tried to eq afterwards because I'm using standard non electric acoustic, and a cellphone, and half the songs sustain slipped away, so it was like... Playing.... Dead silence.....playing.....dead silence....playing etc.