I bought a guitar neck a couple years back to go on a Schecter setup I built. The neck caught my eye because it had a reverse headstock, a locking nut and chevron inlays.

The truss rod cover says "Schecter Sunset Extreme FR." Obviously, FR is for Floyd Rose and they matched the locking nut on the neck with a locking Floyd Rose tremolo.

Truth is, I have no idea what this neck really is or what that makes my guitar. All of the Schecter Sunsets that I can find online (forums, catalogs, Ebay, reviews) have dot inlays in the neck, not chevrons.

Can anyone give me some insight what this neck might be? The next step will be figuring out what that makes the guitar.... a floyd rose, a Damien body and a Sunset(?) neck and Dragonfire pickups wired like a Les Paul? I think that's a FrankenSchecter.

UG won't let me put the full picture up here. It's at http://postimg.org/image/burcavrf3/cddecb7c/

Serial number is Y0801864 if that's any help. Pretty sure that means it was made in '08.
Appears to be the Schecter Sunset Extreme FR Diamond. It doesn't seem to be a common guitar for some reason. Regular super strat shape. Schecter pickups... Pretty basic 3 knobs and a toggle, pictures show it having coil tap/split. Can't really find too much as far as exact specs. The sunset body appears to be the same as a Damien body. Though there's conflict whether it's basswood or mahogany. Irrelevant since you have the neck. I guess if I had to title it I'd call it a Schecter Diamond Sunset/Damien Hybrid Custom Deluxe FR
What he said ^^^. Yes I hava heard of this guitar, and remember the ease of playing the neck, and the whole guitar altogether is an immensely nice guitar, very enjoyable.
Quote by highgear
I guess if I had to title it I'd call it a Schecter Diamond Sunset/Damien Hybrid Custom Deluxe FR

...Overhead camshaft drive loop assembly revalved with coupler jergens and turbokraken wormgear intake filtered titanium lifter forebushings...

Or a FrankenBahstid.
Quote by dspellman
...Overhead camshaft drive loop assembly revalved with coupler jergens and turbokraken wormgear intake filtered titanium lifter forebushings...

Or a FrankenBahstid.

You forgot to mention the double bypassed semi quadralateral reverse rectification dual position axial blow off chamber....
Quote by highgear
The sunset body appears to be the same as a Damien body.

That's the C-1 body. "Sunset" and "Damien" (along with "Hellraiser", "Blackjack", "Omen", ect.) refer to their different guitar lines, as defined by shared specs and options, not body shapes. The C-1 is their standard superstrat shape, and is made in every line. Most of the lines are available in at least a couple different body shapes, though.

Anyway, the Sunset name was only very briefly used in the Diamond Series, in 2008 (yes, that serial number means 2008). It appeared to pretty much be a low-end C-1 shape guitar, but with that unique headstock. Like you said though, the one shown in the catalog for that year, and the only ones I've been finding pictures of, have dot inlays. I also haven't seen the particular "Sunset Extreme" name anywhere else. My guess is that it was a special limited edition that year, or maybe a model that wasn't available in the US (that happens sometimes). Especially considering that Schecter also has an "Omen Extreme" model, and one of the upgrades the "Extreme" version has is chevron inlays, rather than the dots on the regular Omen.

These days, the Sunset name is used for their much higher-end, US-made custom shop superstrat.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Thanks for the info, guys. I tried searching differently online and found a couple of them sold in Italy marketed as Sunset Extreme FR with chevron inlays. Looks like that's my baby!

I built this one up with a pair of those cheesy Dragonfire pickups that are all over ebay because I like the lime green color, stuck them in Damien matte black body and gave it coil tap. All-in-all, it's a pretty sweet rig and it cost me a lot less than my partscaster.
chmoliver I' ve just recently bought the guitar... It' s one of the top models as far as chinese schecters go, and everything other than a chunky neck feels pretty damn good. (i' ve been playing a lot of ibanez and jackson so i might be a bit biased)
The pickups are... okay, i guess, but i had a set of Seymour Duncan Invaders lying arround so i didn' t really give the stock G&Bs a decent chance to make a stand... I' m looking to replace everything tremolo-related with some Schaller goodies since i bought the axe at 50% off for about 180$ (croatian equivalent) so i' ve got some money to upgrade it. The tremolo system on it isn' t bad, by any means, but it has all the common problems of a Licensed Floyd Rose... If you' re looking for a cheap superstrat and you don' t mind the slightly fatter and not-so-wide neck profile, this guitar won' t let you down especially for the money that it goes for.