hello, my bass amp just recently started buzzing with a high pitched frequency. It does it randomly for a while while I'm playing, and then it stops. when I touch the pickup on my bass, it get's louder, but I know it's not an issue with the bass itself, because when I pull the cable from the jack it still buzzes extra loud. When I touch the cable end with my hand it buzzes even louder (like what would normally happen when you touch a live cable, but more annoying).

If I turn the amp off and on a again it still does it too. I've also tried different outlets, at my house and at friends places, I've tried switching inputs, messing around with the EQ, if I turn the treble down it gets softer (obviously) but it's still there. Could somebody please give me a hand here? It's a Yorkville bassmaster 200. Thanks!
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Tried a different cable?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah several, forgot to add that
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Clean the socket first then. Spray some contact cleaner (NOT WD40) on a plug and work it in and out of the socket a few times. ie. use the plug as an applicator.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Okay. It has 2 inputs. One standard and a minus 6 db. Ill try both.
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Before you do anything else drive your amp to a friend’s house that’s at least a few miles away and try it there. If the amp still buzzes it’s a physical problem, probably a bad ground in your amp or instrument. If it doesn’t buzz the problem is RF interference, probably from some new electronic equipment or appliance in a neighbor’s home.
Quote by jpnyc
Before you do anything else drive your amp to a friend’s house that’s at least a few miles away and try it there. If the amp still buzzes it’s a physical problem, probably a bad ground in your amp or instrument. If it doesn’t buzz the problem is RF interference, probably from some new electronic equipment or appliance in a neighbor’s home.

He's already taken it to a buddy's house.
So I tried cleaning the contacts and it didn't help. It works for a while normally, and then it just starts buzzing randomly again. The fact that it's intermittent seems like it is a RF issue, but when I touch the bass pickup and the bass amp sometimes it changes the volume of the buzzing, so it seems like a grounding issue in that way. And yes it's happened the same way at my friend's house.
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Measure the frequency. Gstrings on Android will do that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification