Hi guys, I'm quite new here, so I'm not quiet sure on where should I post this thread.I have a few questions about covers.
Since my school holiday is near, I'm planning to make some bass covers, instead of just jacking off for a whole month lol.

My questions are.
What equipment & software do you need to get a decent sound?
How to avoid copyright infringement on youtube?

That's all, Thanks In Advance.
Last edited by fabianaryo at May 13, 2015,
We have a forum dedicated to Recording:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

For equipment & software, read this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658707

To avoid copyright infringement, make sure what you post is ALL your own work. I believe copyright issues come into play when you post a video of yourself playing along to the original artist. Do you have anything specific you're concerned about when it comes to copyright?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Oh thanks for the info, I was thinking I would play along to the track like all the other bass covers on youtube, but I would write "I do not own the copyright to this music" or maybe "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
I'm not an expert on copyright, so don't know the details of it - there are people who know more than me though, so I'm going to mention "Sid McCall", a user who I've spoken to before about this sort of thing. Hopefully he'll find the thread & provide advice
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud