Hey guys and gals!
Background on the guitar:
This was the first electric guitar my Momma ever bought me It's a 1995 MIM Fender Stratocaster, pretty common guitar and nothing super rare.

I hadn't played this guitar in many years as it's been sitting in a case under my bed being neglected as I got more expensive, fancier guitars.

I have always dreamed a guitar that was completely my own, and I finally got the idea of taking this guitar, though not pricey but sentimental to me, and rebuild it from the ground up.

I wont go in to all the little stuff I did because that would post would be insanely long to read and boring to anyone other than fellow music nerds.

What I will say is that the only thing on the guitar now that is left over from the original is the same neck and body, both of which have been heavily modified.

Also, I did all the work to it myself, from the designing to the wiring. Im super proud of this thing as it turned out better than the idea I had in my head for it originally!

Im going to try to post the pics in the order that I took them so you can follow along and see what I did to it.

The first picture was my high school graduation picture from 2004, I had owned the guitar probably 1 1/2 years at this point.

Removing the old paint.

Top half after removing old finish and burning.

Bottom half after removing most of the finish. I left one section original so mom would remember the guitar she gave me

I sanded the back of the neck down to bare wood.

I did a light coat of T-Oil to protect the neck and leave it with a satin finish.

2014 Fender Classic Players Strat (60th anniversary reissue)
2011 Ibanez Prestige JC1750
Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too
I did some wood filling on the front and back where the guitar had been treated like a red-headed step child in my younger days. Also, these pics have the very first layer of semi-gloss polyurethane.

This is the final coat of polyurethane on the top of the body, the toothpicks are keeping the pilot holes for the screws clean.

This was what I had after about 3 days worth of sanding/burning/refinishing

This was the longest part of the process, waiting for Amazon to get me all the parts I ordered!! These are in no particular order BTW.

New input jack and pickguard

New strap pins

New neckplate (it's gold, hard to tell from pic)

Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too
New knobs and one of the pick ups, I went with a vintage cream opposed to the normal run of the mill white

FINALLY got the new bridge in the mail!

Final mock up for everything before soldering all the components in to place

This was scary for me, I taught my self to solder over the weekend and finally mustered up the courage to put my new skill set to work!

And finally, the finished product!!

Thanks for following along everyone!
Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too
Cool looking guitar man! I hope you're happy with it!

Btw, how did you learn to solder, I thought it would be a cool thing to learn for when I want to mod a guitar but never knew where to start.
Quote by Infinitychord95
Cool looking guitar man! I hope you're happy with it!

Btw, how did you learn to solder, I thought it would be a cool thing to learn for when I want to mod a guitar but never knew where to start.

To be honest man, I went and bought a soldering iron, watched a few youtube videos, and spent an hour or two soldering pennies together with wire until I was getting shiny solder joints.

It's a lot easier than you think and took me no less than 2 hours to become "proficient" enough to tackle the p/u wiring.

Thanks for the kind words, I love the way she looks, and the Dimarzio hum cancelling p/u's sound out of this world fantastic for my style of playing! (bluesy stuff)
Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too
Quote by jakegrape
To be honest man, I went and bought a soldering iron, watched a few youtube videos, and spent an hour or two soldering pennies together with wire until I was getting shiny solder joints.

It's a lot easier than you think and took me no less than 2 hours to become "proficient" enough to tackle the p/u wiring.

Thanks for the kind words, I love the way she looks, and the Dimarzio hum cancelling p/u's sound out of this world fantastic for my style of playing! (bluesy stuff)

Makes sense. Ill check out some of those videos. Happy shredding