Hey everyone,

I've had my jca22h for a year now and recently I've been having some problems with the footswitch, as it would change channel if I just touch it/move it around. It may simply just happen if I touch the wire. It sounds to me like a contact problem between some components but I'm no expert and haven't tried to open it yet. Any thoughts?
Sounds like either a broken wire, loose connection, or a sloppy solder joint that is grounding when it shouldn't.

Just open it all up and take a look.

A quick google search showed someone with the same problem and the cause was the bad soldering job in the end of the cable.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'll open it up and take a look. Eventually post some pics, but even though it might be a minor problem that would be easily fixed shouldn't I be asking Thomann (from whom I bought) to replace the footswitch (it's still on warranty)?
Well yes. Why didn't you just contact them in the first place then?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Sounds like either a broken wire, loose connection, or a sloppy solder joint that is grounding when it shouldn't.

Just open it all up and take a look.

A quick google search showed someone with the same problem and the cause was the bad soldering job in the end of the cable.

+3.1415 nice and quick fix.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Pi...lol

I'd say take it back if it's under warranty, but should be a pretty easy fix if you're decent at soldering. Most likely a loose connection, broken wire or bad solder joint. Given how many I've seen with recent electronics, I'd say bad solder joint.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...