Would anyone know the dimensions of the stock pickups in the Epiphone Toby Deluxe V? Even better, anyone know if SD's Quarter Pound 5-string J bass pickups fit in those cavities?

Thanks!
since it isn't the 60s any more (thankfully) the good news is there is a lot of industry standards. That being said I can imagine they would. I've seen a lot of strange parts, played or worked on guitars from the 30s and so forth and I just love how today parts are much more universal.

I mean the only issue I can even recall from a fairly recent guitar was an Agile Inceptor (i think) 7 string my friend got. When he got sick of the EMG 707s and put the blackouts in it his father had to route or widen the cavities by a milometers and other than that nothing really. Seymour Duncans a big company and wants their stuff as widely used as possible. I know their 7 or 8 string pickups came in different housings (covers) even just to satisfy everyone. The fact the pickups you're considering aren't like some no name ones I'd put a lot of trust into them.

However, just for 100% reassurance I'd try their customer support of Seymour Duncan (measure if you have to) or try the Talkbass or Seymour Duncan forums. Both are very insightful too.. not talking down about this site but since its a Seymour duncan pickup why not and the biggest bass forum i can think of is talkbass.
Quote by Tallwood13
since it isn't the 60s any more (thankfully) the good news is there is a lot of industry standards. That being said I can imagine they would. I've seen a lot of strange parts, played or worked on guitars from the 30s and so forth and I just love how today parts are much more universal.

I mean the only issue I can even recall from a fairly recent guitar was an Agile Inceptor (i think) 7 string my friend got. When he got sick of the EMG 707s and put the blackouts in it his father had to route or widen the cavities by a milometers and other than that nothing really. Seymour Duncans a big company and wants their stuff as widely used as possible. I know their 7 or 8 string pickups came in different housings (covers) even just to satisfy everyone. The fact the pickups you're considering aren't like some no name ones I'd put a lot of trust into them.

However, just for 100% reassurance I'd try their customer support of Seymour Duncan (measure if you have to) or try the Talkbass or Seymour Duncan forums. Both are very insightful too.. not talking down about this site but since its a Seymour duncan pickup why not and the biggest bass forum i can think of is talkbass.

Only just remembered this thread, thanks dude! I know what you mean about the different covers, I bought a Nazgul/Sentient set for an Ibanez S8QM, but I bought a covered set to replace open coil pickups because I like the look of covered pickups. Only way I could get away with not routing the guitar was to raise the bridge saddles pretty high! I don't mind a bit of height in my action, so it doesn't worry me too much.

Pretty sure I emailed Epiphone, but haven't heard from them. I'll try the forums, cheers.
Last edited by staceap at May 14, 2015,