Hi everybody.

I just recently started recording own music (mostly riffs with some drums on it). However I always feel like something is missing/wrong in my recordings. Can you guys give me some tips om how to improve?

I'll leave my most recent recording here for you to listen:
https://soundcloud.com/bert-de-vuyst/yanwing-droid3/s-CEP4W
Last edited by tgc_9012 at May 14, 2015,
I think you too should post in the appropriate section - either the original recordings section or the crit my mix thread.

Most obvious thing is that the playing is sub par - guitar isn't on time with the drums.

Apart from that, you're lacking a bass and a good guitar sound.
Not that your guitar sound wouldn't work in any genre, tho if you think something's missing then you likely wanna change it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Oh I'm sorry, wasn't sure where to post this since it's not really a full song I'm posting.
I re-recorded the guitar to fit the drums better (changed the link in the first post).
when I need feed back I turn on two distortion pedals and my amps distortion at the same time and crank em up. Then point your guitar towards the amp as you play. It should feedback nicely for you.