TLDR;
Please, (1) listen to my song (2) Name the bands you are reminded of.

LINKS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3516005/NEWSONGDEMO.mp3

OMG THANKS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Care, I'll Read:
I couldn't decide if this fit best in Songwriting, Bands&Artists, or Promote your Band, so I hope the Pit will help me out here.

Mostly concerned with the first riff (after intro)..it's driving me nuts not having any comparable artists! Use 30 seconds to help another musician.. that's all it'll take to listen to that one part and write a quick response.

I'm writing an EP, and I have two demos upon which I will be basing the 'sound' of my band. I'm looking for influences to draw upon but can't specifically identify what it is I'm going after. Please help me out?! I have a goal set to finish writing in 4 months and could use some new bands to listen to!
The best way I can describe it is some kind of metal/deathcore/pop-punk/djenty mix and I can't find many bands that mix together what I'm going after. It's something like an emo punk Story of the Year / Thursday mixed in with an Elitist / Sumerian-Core sound, and dashed with The Acacia Strain-esque breakdowns... what am I missing? You guys are the best...

bonus song: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3516005/May11.mp3
-nine01n
a bad one LOL

"It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that it was excellent."
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Thanks for the response, but you didn't really help at all.
Which bad bands? Did you mean this the only bad song like it you've ever heard?
Let me inform you of two universal truths:
First that Music is ART and thus subjective, There is no good or bad.
Second, you are a douche and **** ya.
Quote by nine01n
Thanks for the response, but you didn't really help at all.
Which bad bands? Did you mean this the only bad song like it you've ever heard?
Let me inform you of two universal truths:
Second, you are a douche and **** ya.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Ok I actually listened to the whole thing. I think the reason you can't find anyone who sounds similar is because bands actually tune their strings.

Also, @ 2:02: Really? Just.... Really?
Quote by snipelfritz

1:00-1:45 or so was the only decent section of the song. Everything else frankly was terrible. That guitar tone too.. jesus christ.
The section that wasn't terrible though reminded me of the Killing With a Smile / Horizons era of Parkway Drive.
Rise Mother****ers
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by nine01n

Art is only subjective to a point; there are qualitative objective standards as to what should be considered good or bad. The same is true for anything and people that disagree with that tend to be defending something objectively poor by saying that it's all opinion.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Demon Wolf

"It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that it was excellent."

hum, I was going to post exactly this.

Well done!
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
OK. I compiled my actual thoughts.

1. guitar is so weirdly bad, I cannot tell whether your tone is shit or you can't tune a guitar or ****ing whatever

2. I really can't think of anything that even comes close to being as important as the previously mentioned critique. Seriously, are you using a plastic guitar or something.

3. I really mean, What the ****? You seriously need to look at your guitar and your amp setup and really think "Is this right?"
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by nine01n

Can you even dictionary?

Subjective: "based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."

So, based on people's feelings, tastes and opinions, there are people who think your music is no good.

Pulling the "Music is subjective" card is like morbidly obese people who say "Everybody is beautiful in their own way"....it sounds nice when you say it, but it doesn't sway how people think.

EDIT: Also, pretty much everything Pasta said in the post above me. Your guitar tone sounds like radio static.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
If Jesus was alive today, he would hung himself on that cross after hearing this.

But seriously, what the lads said above, figure out your guitar tone. This is MG-series bad. Also, the drums sound weird.

And don't do stuff like 2:02.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Last edited by icanhasgodmode at May 15, 2015,
Quote by metacarpi
Rise Mother****ers
That's what I heard the first time, then I listened again and realized it was Surprise.
Quote by snipelfritz

Kept it on just to hear what happens at 2:02.

TS, to be honest with you this metalcore (I think) genre has been completely done to death and it was never brilliant to begin with. The song wasn't doing anything new, and it was fairly cheesy. Also, never sample quotes again.
West Ham United
Quote by MinterMan22
a bad one LOL

kaBLAM
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by bdof
You'd get a better tone out of your amp and guitar if you threw it down an elevator shaft
lol
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by bdof
You'd get a better tone out of your amp and guitar if you threw it down an elevator shaft

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

sounds like Irepress, and probably all the other post-metal stuff
If Russian Circles were heavier they'd maybe fit it. If the song were longer it'd be similar to older Pelican (not their first album though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5yEFgYlPH8

also a but of Canvas Solaris as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXDBfaZAO2s
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Maybe Baby Joel is willing to share his apology thread with you
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
I think you would get better answers on recordings forum. (If you are looking for helpful answers, Pit is not the right place to ask your question.)

Not really fan of this style, I don't think it sounded horrible, but not something I would listen to. But the mix was bad. It sounded thin because there was no bass, and the guitar sound wasn't that great either (it sounded like noise). And the drums sounded very artificial - a bit like a machine gun.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by theogonia777
Art is only subjective to a point; there are qualitative objective standards as to what should be considered good or bad. The same is true for anything and people that disagree with that tend to be defending something objectively poor by saying that it's all opinion.

I love how it's like to go-to line for all gobshites when they get called out.

"d00d listen 2 my noo s0ng yo"

"d00d that sounds shit, r u even practicing?"

"d00d STFU I'm an artist an u can't label me with ur terms brah. U just don't understand my composition style d00d. WTF I even ask u anyway u liek Slipknot"

Then gobshite goes to reddit where everybody can upvote him for being shitty after being run off 3 or 4 forums.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah there are some horrible tone issues and all that but the base idea is pretty good and overall it's not nearly as terrible as most of the people here are saying. it's not my thing and not ground breaking or anything but eh.

surprise mother****er was stupid and pointless though.

it feels kind of incomplete but I'm not really sure where to take it atm if you want I can pass it onto my friends who listen to this kind of shit and see what they have to say.
Quote by nine01n
bump..bring it on pit

lol @ multi
i don't know why i feel so dry