Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about the Pit, and UG in general, a lot lately. When I first made my "A Formal Apology" thread, I expected it to be read by people who understand the concept of having a second chance. I shared some personal stuff in that thread and somehow I became a punching bag. I was distraught when I saw what was happening.

There was a clear divide. Those that supported me through this hard time, and those who kicked me while I was down. I understand that the Pit is getting fewer and fewer users, and it is very natural to have these types of cliques. It's easier to keep track of who you hate because there aren't 500 active users in the Pit anymore. I wish this wasn't the inevitable fate. I wish that we could understand each other, help each other, and become a community. Instead we react rudely when someone has a questions. We back talk and gossip all the time and derail threads with our visceral hatred. Instead of a community, we've devolved into some sort of collection of microstates that have bitterness towards virtually every other microstate.

We have the Only threads which have been around for such a long time, they have their own culture. One tries to go in there, and it's difficult to feel the need to stay. It's hard to learn the inside jokes and slang and humour. This is the case for virtually all of the Only threads. Occasionally a serious thread will roll in and it quickly devolves to underdeveloped and unoriginal banter. If the TS of such a thread were unfamiliar with the Pit's universal flame-humour, TS would likely not return to the Pit.

I have been labelled as immature, narcissistic, moronic, power hungry, etc etc.

And I have come to realise that all of that is absolutely true. I have flaws like every other person, but I'm realising that instead of trying to fix those flaws, I dwell on them and let them assimilate my core 'person'. I have a lot of those that I need to work on. It's a long process but I think I'm getting there.

So now for my apology. In my other thread, I was able to use the members that got my back. They were able to support me and help turn the situation into a bit of a comedy. I used them as some sort of self-esteem shield, blocking and stopping the insults that were shot at me. I wasn't my true self. There was honesty, but there were also belittling and 'holier than thou' in that thread. I felt like I was king of the mountain as it were, because of all the guys that got my back. I realised that instead of being king of the mountain, to quote Trent Reznor, it was really just an empire of dirt. There was no value because I was lying to myself about my own value.

So I am sorry for the other thread. It didn't go as I expected, and I fear it may have widened the rifts that cause contention between us all.

I do go on power trips. I do use my CC tools incorrectly. I am able to dodge the rules because I have an orange name. I am biased. I do look to ban first, ask later. And this is really just the top of my dirt empire. There is so much more that I am trying to change. But it will be a long time.

Until that time, I am going to do a lot of rethinking and change my style on this forum, to hopefully a more amiable user. Like the one that would give genuine responses to new people's questions. I want to be the person that is able to pull out of arguments when I know they won't go any further. I want to be the person that is hard to dislike.

Give me time, but I will get there.

-yours,
Billy Joel
Second Officer of the Column Cleaners
UG Team
Russia
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Okay, that's cool. Now, please, shut up. This is a forum, not your personal angst depository and the pit is not your psychiatrist that you have to tell all your problems to.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Okay, that's cool. Now, please, shut up. This is a forum, not your personal angst depository and the pit is not your psychiatrist that you have to tell all your problems to.

lol you are not very smart are ya bud
Walk the walk. Time will tell.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ippon
I believe the main hindrance is your high privilege level (a few points below mine, though )

Do you know if the ones who react negatively are less privileged?

:haha: oh man that's great lol
yeah I reckon all tha h8rs be h8in my 1% dad heritage bit thing
Ok
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
i actually kinda hate you a bit because of your privilege level and i'm still salty about that one time you banned me for literally no reason but that probably says more about me that i care so much than anything but generally i think you're an ok guy i say generally because i don't really know you other than your posts here but there probably enough to shine a general light, i think we're all at least somewhat privileged posting on a guitar forum in our spare time and all and i'm pretty sure most of us have some sort of emotional psychological issues
Ur still a dork btw.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Ed Hunter

but that's why i've been here for like 7 years

also you're a moron
till i die, for sure

possibly applicable to both comments above this
If Everyone Was Mods Would Ultimatedashguitardotcom Be A Better Place?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I can't be bothered to read an OP that long, but I'll chime in anyway. You're a #TopLad, Baby Joel.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
#unbaneveryone2015

still pushing for it
We should all get together on a Sunday afternoon and have some roasted food and beer and then pie and ice cream later on while watching some trashy action film repeat.

Works for my family and we don't hate each or anything.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Baby Joel
#unbaneveryone2015

still pushing for it

Or, ban everyone. Fotb has no cliques (yet)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Baby Joel you're too earnest for an Internet forum sometimes I think. Good luck I guess? I just kinda skimmed that wall of text.
until the 'you can only post in your thread' bit gets changed, fotb cliques would be...very disorganised.

maybe that's part of the fun?

what type of pie do you eat
and i miss sunday roasts
i only hate like 4 ppl here the rest is luv
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
This is dragging out more than the Simpsons.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by theguitarist
If Everyone Everything Was Mods Bears Would Ultimatedashguitardotcom Be A Better Place?

Fixed
And yes.

Alright let's do this:
I accept your apology, part 2
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by ultimate-slash
Fixed
And yes.

Alright let's do this:

anyone can point me in the direction of a good (but on a budget) bear-rhinoplastologist?
No matters what happens, Baby Joel, and no matter where your journey of self-discovery takes you, I want you to remember one thing.

I fked yr mum last nite and it was well filthy m8
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
this is actually vaguely possible cause my mum's in NY
If the back of her head was any indication she's quite lovely.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Baby Joel
1% dad heritage bit thing

I might have to change my investments and buy stocks in BABY and JOEL instead of TSLA.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Baby Joel
until the 'you can only post in your thread' bit gets changed, fotb cliques would be...very disorganised.

maybe that's part of the fun?

what type of pie do you eat
and i miss sunday roasts

apple

or blueberry

or pear

or cherry

or banoffee

or all of the above.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Ed Hunter

actually, it's about ethics in games journalism
My God, it's full of stars!
so...all pies but no pie in particular?

niiiiiice :y:
nerd alert

Quote by Baby Joel
Until that time, I am going to do a lot of rethinking and change my style on this forum, to hopefully a more amiable user. Like the one that would give genuine responses to new people's questions. I want to be the person that is able to pull out of arguments when I know they won't go any further. I want to be Joshua Garcia.
FTFY
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
if that happened i would end up in the hospital again
Page 1 of 2