been playing one at a local shop by me and want a bucker bridged strat ish thing.

don't want to wait a month for something from japan, sorry bacchus and tokai.

but on the current new market, yes i checked craigslist, is there anything as decent in the price range? something i can find at the usual suspects, GC and SA?

while i'm not hugely for or against MIM stuff, the these are pretty nice guitars.

am i missing something out there that i should be checking out?

was looking to be around $500.

i play a bit of everything shy of cookie monster metal. thought about a mim wolfgang special, but they're not hitting the market for a bit and are starting at twice what i'd like to pay.

other options? yeah i know, this is a bit of a hail mary thread.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Godin Sessions spring to mind.
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsessionp.htm

A Godin Velocity is another HSS, but with hotter pickups. The few remaining new ones go @$800, but used ones are under $500.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=godin%20velocity&src=godin%20velocity
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 15, 2015,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

The MIM electronics are their one real weakness (plus the lack of case). You might want to consider a used MIA with a bridge HB for slightly more. Unless things have changed DiMarzio had an HB pickup stacked into a single coil size (just really deep) as well.
Moving on.....

all good advice, thank you guys.

here's an update. went down to side by side the deluxe hss mim, the american standard hss, an exclusive sam ash standard hss, something else i don't know, and this used thing.

turns out the used thing is an mij strat that plays nice, and it's priced right. i'm probably the only mij guy that goes there, and a former employee.

i think i'm going to opt for it and grab a stacked bucker for the bridge. (great idea KenG!) if the neck and middle need upgrading then i'm not opposed. but the body is routed sss so i'd prefer to stick with either a stacked (i prefer) or a rail type bucker for the bridge.

otherwise it's badass and i'm surprised i left the store without it. but now that i regret it i know it's the right guitar to buy. i'd rather be sorry i didn't buy it than have buyers remorse because i did, if that makes sense.

so in the am, i'm heading over there to grab it. since it's a fender, i believe it's a tokai after all.

strangly it's a model that i don't typically prefer, but this one plays so nice that i'm willing to overlook the actual model. and that's kinda freaking me out.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 16, 2015,
Congrats on finding a little treasure!

Now, about the bridge pickup... What kind of tone are you looking for outta this thang?

The 2015 version of the Godin Progression Plus has a SD JB Jr in it. Looks nice...
http://godinguitars.com/godin_15_progression_plus.html

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 16, 2015,
danny this one looks right up my ally if the strat got sold tonight.
shlt just realized that's a hard tail. :C

i'd probably also look around for a used parker.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 16, 2015,
There are several affordable used Parker NiteFly guitars on eBay right now.

Also as a backup, consider the Retrorocket Deluxe DG, on clearance. I'm not a huge fan of EMGs, but the David Gilmours are a different story.
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/retrorocket/75-retrorocket-deluxe-dg.html

now i want that parker and a strat.

this isn't going how i planned.

What...

did you think...

would happen?

The Lonestar is one of the better Strats coming out of Mexico right now, IMO. If you want to get close to that for the same cash you're looking at G&L Tributes, or maybe a used American Special Strat.

Personally, I almost like the Am Spec Strats better than the Am Standards. I'm a sucker for jumbo frets and those big headstocks.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER