Ive got a Egnater 4100 tube amp head. Haven't had any trouble with it until today. Plugged in a Stratocaster I just bought. Turned on the amp. Played for 10minutes. Threw it in standby for a minute to adjust the strat. When I flipped it off standby the fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and it immediately blew again. No guitar was plugged in the 2nd time. The fuses came out black in the middle both times.

Also the wire that was supposed to be soldered under the trem on the strat I was playing wasn't connected... may have done that while adjusted the bridge.

Im not expert on amps so unless theres an easy fix ill probably have to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it. So... HELP!
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Pull all the tubes out, put a new fuse in, see if it blows when you turn it on. If it doesn't, try a new set of tubes. If it does, you're off to an amp tech.
What Roc said.

As far as the guitar, that is the ground wire so if you get static and extra noise when you play - you will want to get that reattached. Just do it anyway. It needs to be soldered back on. 15 minute job for someone who knows what they are doing. If you are not comfortable doing any of this then either find a friend to help you or take everything into a shop (expensive route). Or do like most of us and just learn how to do it and keep spares with you. Cost of doing business
so you're saying take tubes out and try a new fuse? or take tubes out.. put tubes back in and then try a new fuse?
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
so you're saying take tubes out and try a new fuse? or take tubes out.. put tubes back in and then try a new fuse?

Leave 'em out.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
so if it works without the tubes in what does that mean?
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Just like he said. Step for step.

If the fuse blows with no power tubes in it then there is something wrong with the amp that will undoubtedly be beyond your scope. If the fuse does not blow when you turn on the amp - then buy some new power tubes and try that.

Obviously, you don't want to play through the amp like this - just turn it on and see what happens. Get several fuses while you are at it.

^ Sometimes, if a power tube craps itself it takes the fuse with it.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 15, 2015,
okay i have a few extra tubes laying around ill try that. bad idea to mix brands?
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
okay i have a few extra tubes laying around ill try that. bad idea to mix brands?

Preferably the same brand but it is not a deal breaker. Is your amp self biasing? If it is then it shouldn't be an issue, if you need to bias it you can still run it for a while just to see if the fuse blows or not. Do that last though after you've ruled out that the amp doesn't blow fuses with the power tubes out.
Hang on, just make sure you're using the right fuse first. What fuse does the amp need and what did you put in it? You need to use the right one for the amp.
For example, my Marshall uses a T1.6A 230v one whereas my blackstar uses a T630AL 250V.
If the value of the fuse is too low, it will blow far more often as it's there to protect the amp from power spikes. If it's too high, the amp could be damaged by the spikes.

Also try plugging the amp into a different outlet in a different room. It's designed to blow for a reason. Try to figure that out since it might not be the amp itself that's the problem