Guy wants to sell this to me for a cheap price.

Concerns of mine: Logo, truss cover screw, size of bushings, and all silver hardware

I guess these could be the angle of photo but.no sure, if it is fake, anyone ever play one?
I don't see much reason to fake an Epiphone.

My guess is that it's just been modded to look like Gibson Les Paul Custom TV Silver.

I had one of those, it had all gold hardware. You're right about the tuners, I dunno how upgrading a set of Grovers with a set of Grovers becomes desirable in anyones mind... Truss Rod Cover is the same as mine.
Quote by pks330

Guy wants to sell this to me for a cheap price.

Concerns of mine: Logo, truss cover screw, size of bushings, and all silver hardware

I guess these could be the angle of photo but.no sure, if it is fake, anyone ever play one?

Sorry, this is a FAKE !

Tuner-washers, Logo on the headstock, Binding, Screw on the Pickguard

can you show more pics ?

Binding, where the neck meets the headstock ?
serial# ?
TP-bushings ?
opened controll-cavity ?
Last edited by paruwi at May 16, 2015,
Quote by Keskimaki

That's exactly why they sell them in huge pieces.....
to uneducated buyers and deal-hunters

same reason why spreading fake 20€/$ bills is easier than 100€/$......
I have to agree with Paruwi it looks fake, especially since the logo is off centered.

But if you can get it really cheap and it plays decent I say go for it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

But if you can get it really cheap and it plays decent I say go for it

still too expensive for a piece of firewood.....
Quote by Keskimaki

And comments like that are why Epiphones are one of the most commonly faked guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Heres a pic of one I've owned for a while and a pic of his he just sent, says serial is EE07.....

I know mine is real I bought it brand new, but I'm having trouble recognizing differences
Last edited by pks330 at May 16, 2015,
I can understand the idea that it might be a fake, mostly because of the truss rod cover, but really, why fake a $400 guitar to begin with? By the way, I own one of the real Gibson Les Paul Customs in TV Silver and it is the best sounding/playing Les Paul I own. And I own 8 right now. I have owned about 10 others in my life.
Quote by alexcasella68
I can understand the idea that it might be a fake, mostly because of the truss rod cover, but really, why fake a $400 guitar to begin with? By the way, I own one of the real Gibson Les Paul Customs in TV Silver and it is the best sounding/playing Les Paul I own. And I own 8 right now. I have owned about 10 others in my life.

because comments like this make people less likely to suspect that it might be a fake if the legitimate product isn't that expensive, and people are going to be less cautious when buying a cheaper guitar than a more expensive one.

in any case - this thread is from 2015 - please check the date of the last post before replying.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.