Any Bowerbirds fans out there?

Just had my first chord tab approved and hoping people can check it out. I think it's very close, but would be interested in comments/edits, especially towards the end of the instrumental interlude where I'm not sure I quite have the progression down.

Here is the song:

YouTube-Bowerbirds-This-Year

And here is my tab (should be open for UG member editing):

UG-Bowerbirds-chord-tab

Apologies in advance if this is not an appropriate thread-posting...

dr_pointsman
this might be easier to play if you have the capo on the first fret, would eliminate all the barred chords and be easier to play, if you move the transpose bar up one the chords change to easier chords
this might be easier to play if you have the capo on the first fret, would eliminate all the barred chords and be easier to play, if you move the transpose bar up one the chords change to easier chords

Point well taken. I'm a keyboard player (confession!) so I'm not always attuned to the issues of capo positions.

I wanted to match the recording key for this submission, especially since I also use the iPhone app which has the transpose function. I agree, though, that a half-step transpose gives easier playability on guitar.
yea your welcome its alot easier for the novice player, some novice players see alot of # and think its too hard to play, i been playing for years and struggle with some bar chords, may be you can make another below the first one for another version of capo at the first fret and write the chords accordingly, just a thought. i usually do that if someone suggests a capo
On the video he is capoed at the 6th fret...I think that is where I would use the capo since that is where he does..... Usually what I do is put both versions in my tab ... So I would leave the one you already have and then below it I put this one in case someone wants to use the capo version.... And as you can see the chords are a lot simpler to play and if you watch the video these are the chords he is playing.... Great job though..keep up the great work.

CAPO: 6th FRET

Intro:   Am   G   C

Am                    G     C
Just come down from a high fever,
                       G6    G
from out there in the yard
          Bm               D            G         C
While the pyre is burning, it's hard to feel the weather shift
       Em           Bm
or the fear of the dark
Em    Am
Ahhh

Chorus:

C                     G     Am
This year we need a deeper frost
           G         C
Me and my meadowlark
           G         Am
Under the winter's fears
                G         C
Out where the tree line starts
              G     B
Down on the north slope
E             F
Down to the creek
Em               C
Hold tight til spring

Interlude: C  G  C   Bm  D   G   C   Em   D

G      C
On and on goes the long winter
                       G6   G
My eyes now fixed to the stars
            Bm                 D        G                 C
We've been there before and I'm fairly sure we'll find a clearing
         Em           Bm
in the forest of our hearts
Em     Am
Ahhh

[Chorus]
           G         C
Me and my meadowlark
           G         Am
Under the winter's fears
                G         C
              G     B
Down on the north slope
E             F
Down to the creek
Em               C
Hold tight til spring

C            G         Am
But you know I'm not an activist,
             G      C
not in the purest sense
 G          Am
I'm not a pacifist
              G        C
I know which rules to bend
          D       Em
I just reveal my name
     F      Em
and show my love
              D      D   G   C
out in the hallows   Oooooooooh

[Chorus]
           G         C
Me and my meadowlark
           G         Am
Under the winter's fears
                G         C
              G     B
Down on the north slope
E             F
Down to the creek
Em               C
Hold tight til spring

Last edited by DON CZARSKI at May 16, 2015,
I just had to do the same thing with a tab of mine....here is how I do it.... I put a separation and use equal signs to Separate the two tabs...and also I always put my name on it because other guitar tab sites will usually take your tab and put it up on their sites as well... This way people know who did the tab
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at May 17, 2015,
yea even though you put your name on it, i do the same they always seem to take the name out, i,ve noticed it a few times on my tabs on other sites
Yes, they do that a lot... Luckily we do this because we enjoy doing tabs and helping others out.... To me that is what really matters... I can spot my tabs out however even if they do that....
I just had to do the same thing with a tab of mine....here is how I do it....

Ah, nice example Don. I'll follow that one and move the capo'ed version up (who am I kidding, everybody is going to want that version first anyway), will add your and my contact info as well.
By the way, I appreciate you putting my name along with yours on your tab but it isn't necessary to do that... All that was involved was taking your chords and transposing them... It takes like 10 seconds to do that....So the credit should go all to you.. This is your first tab and I want you to be proud and take all the credit... You did all the work and a great job and deserve it.... So please remove my name as I really didn't do anything..... That is what people do here ..help one another out ...and keep tabbing...
Sounds good, thanks again for the tips. Looking forward to submitting some more tabs in the future.