The support company for me just got a Genz Benz Shuttle Max 12.2 in and will be switching it out for the 12.0.

Since we are just running the Power Section, we will be seeing how different the 3DPM power system is.

Of course I will be using the GBE 600 Preamp and Tone Shape circuits up front. (Tried that direct from the effects send on the NeoX400 the other night, but ground noise got in the way and we mic'd. DANG that was great!)

We will probably be running the one NeoX212 and the two NeoX112's tonight.
The stack looks awesome. It got one of the former bassists for the band to start playing again.

I hope it is not too tubey sounding, but we can go back to the less expensive 12.0 if that is the case.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNAD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I must be a member of the great unwashed.

I believe there is too much Tube out of the power section on this one for me.

I do not know how Geddy does it, liking the tone from a Tube Power amp stepped down to a direct box, ... tube power does not appear to be my thing.

I did 5 gigs this week, and will be doing 4 next week. (It is so nice to work at what I have wanted to do since I was 9). I believe that this one will move into the standby/Collection Rack, and the 12.0 will take over, and I will return to what I know I was happier with.

Solid State just seems to have a faster attack curve over Tube and thus Tube simulated Digital which this is. Like comparing a Bolt On Neck to a One Piece.

The only comments on the tone came from the stand in drummers this week.

'^%$& ! Your Bass tone is amazing.'

The GBE1200 deal is being stalked this week as well.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B
The GBE 1200 deal fell through, and the last two on-line disappeared in one day.

We will be looking for more. But at 3 rack spaces, and me not wanting to let go of the simplicity of the GBE 600 Preamp section, it might be some time before such an amp sees action with me.

A 12.0 popped up on Ebay, but no rack ears and some abuse. I hear that the support co is considering an offer of 350 for the amp, but the no ears/no footswitch is an issue for sure.

The switch out went back to the 12.0 this week.

Wow. Feel much better about the tone now.

It is official. I am a member of the unsophisticated and unwashed. Tube power carries no joy for me.

Wed. we tore the heck out of the House of Rock with the full 5.5' stack 1200w NeoX212 and 2x NeoX112
Thurs. 600w half stack of 2x NeoX112's rocked the Open Jam night nicely, Cops did not even come. The complaining neighbor must have died, proving "If it's too loud, you're not going to make it."
Sat (today) we did the full stack again @ the I.D. Saloon Sounded perfect! I learned so much in one day going from outside to inside.

I was kind of scared about the condition of the drivers after Friday Night.

Friday night was the real scary gig. We did a Biker Rally out in the middle of nowhere in TX, thought flood waters were going to strand us out in the hitherlands.

The sound guy must have been from LA, because he absolutely sucked. Did not seat his dilapidated cords into the equipment, ground loop hum, too many cabinets making 2 ohm loads on the amps, some weird surround processor which he had no clue on how to run as he did not set Left and Right anywhere near the same for the line voltages to reach the Amps with any relative db consistency.

This is a guy who says he has everything ready for you, and then has no power plugs to the stage, and no mic cable to get the bass into the system.

I had to run the ShuttleMax12.0 with 4 12" NeoX drivers, outside, with no support, against the Mic'd Drums Guitar and vocals being pushed by 2600w. The Guitar player had 800w from his Marshall with 2 4x12 Cabinets, mic'd, and ended the night at 5.

I had to hunt my tone down all over again because the amp was working so hard that the preamp levels were impractical.

I had to:
A. shut down all of my High and Low pass Tone shelving circuits;
B. turned the BP-8 input level down 2 notches;
C. turned the SS and Tube Preamp input gains down 2 clicks;
and;
D. kept creeping the Master volume up on the Power;

all while watching to avoid the Limit light flickering.

Guitar player got his wireless on, and rode a power Mule around the Grounds during the solos.

He said I was just fine. Right up there in the mix moving the world.

Master Volume was at 1 o'clock.

Probably running 4 NeoX 12" at 700w on program, it held its own against 400 Watts of Guitar out of 8 12"ers and another 2600 watts of sound reinforcement out of 4 12's and 4 15's (3000 watts)!

IT'S A BEeeeeeeeeeeeeeAST!

Definitely a rig of Doom.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B