Poll Options
View poll results: yo
I have had a black teacher before
71 60%
I have not had a black teacher before
47 40%
Voters: 118.
Page 1 of 4
All through primary school, high school, and college I never once had a black teacher. The black population where I live is quite low compared to the national ratio, but I don't know if I've ever even seen a black teacher irl. It wouldn't surprise me if black people are ridiculously underrepresented in this field cuz college and money and all that shit though.

I think having more black teachers could do so much for combating racism in the states. Hard to say black people are dumb when you have one teaching you shit every day

Did you ever have a black teacher?
Check out my band Disturbed
I think I have had 2, in 20 years of education. I have had waaay more gay teachers than that
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
a variety, yeah. even in my area, black teachers are fewer than to be expected.
it's due to socioeconomic issues, sure, but crucially just plain racism
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 17, 2015,
I have had teachers and lecturers of all ethnicities. I remember a black teacher I had for IT, he was called Ken Mitala and loved Ferraris. He wore a Ferrari baseball cap and stuck Ferrari stickers on his car.

There was one Sikh guy at our school who was known to be really strict, so everyone called him The Turbanator.
I had a couple. One looked identical to Aunt Jemima and everyone called her Aunt Jemima. Now that i look back, we were racist as **** lol. There was another one named Ms Akinwumi and everyone called her Blackinwumi and she might be the worst teacher alive.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yes, my U.S. Government professor in community college was (is? - dunno if he's died, he was a bit older) black.

Edit: I thought the guy was a trip. He wasn't a pushover, and would give an icy, eternal-soul stare with full eye-contact when prompting verbal responses from the lecture hall. It definitely affected the tone of how a person would give an answer, especially if they came from super-privileged life. Never broke eye-contact, hardly blinked.

Also, my fourth-grade teacher was black.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at May 17, 2015,
Never had a black teacher. Did he have a teacher named mr. Brown if that counts for anything
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Yeah I had a black teacher in kindergarten and I told my mom my teacher had a fat ass. I'm serious.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I had a gym teacher that was, kind of a gentle soul, soft spoken. I think its important to have a diversity of role models in ones upbringing to refute all of the rascist crap your parents teach you.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

No, I live in an area that is 90% white (actual statistic, surprised its that low tho honestly)

I don't think there even was a black teacher in any of my schools aside from probably uni
There were three black teachers at school. One taught PE (and history on the side), one was a psychology teacher and the other one was a human biology teacher and also was a creationist.

I don't have any black lecturers at uni. Most of them are white, but there's a guy from Israel who teaches mechanics, two Iranians that teach mechanics and geotechnics and a Chinese guy who teaches materials.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
No, I live in an area that is 90% white (actual statistic, surprised its that low tho honestly)

I don't think there even was a black teacher in any of my schools aside from probably uni

Where is this at in WA?
My God, it's full of stars!
my favourite teacher was in grade two and she was black. also the only black teacher i had tbh. parents shoulda put two and two together and moved to scarborough.
see location

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by GuitarGod_92

my hometown is 91.04% white step up your segregation game
i didnt have a white teacher until high school lol

my school says these things about students

0.2% American Indian/Alaskan Native
20.8% Asian
16.6% Black/African-American
5.9% Hispanic/Latino
3.8% Multi-race (not Hispanic/Latino)
0.2% Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander
47.2% White
5.5% Unknown

best guess is that professors have similar distribution but white over represented and black and hispanic/latino under represented
Quote by Eastwinn
my school says these things about students

0.2% American Indian/Alaskan Native
20.8% Asian
16.6% Black/African-American
5.9% Hispanic/Latino
3.8% Multi-race (not Hispanic/Latino)
0.2% Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander
47.2% White
5.5% Unknown

best guess is that professors have similar distribution but white over represented and black and hispanic/latino under represented

this made me laugh inappropriately.
5.5% reptilian

edit: also anyone reading those stats should consider that my school admits people with a median SAT score of 1800 and focuses mostly on computer dorks and science dorks.
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 17, 2015,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
North Bend

North Bend is super nice though

I always stop by there on the way to Mt. Si (ohviously)
Quote by Eastwinn
5.5% reptilian

holy shit didnt even consider that. im no longer laughing. watch out for chemtrails man, stay safe.
Quote by Eastwinn
5.5% reptilian

edit: also anyone reading those stats should consider that my school admits people with a median SAT score of 1800 and focuses mostly on computer dorks and science dorks.

pretty obv given the 20% asian part
Check out my band Disturbed
who woulda thunk that getafe would have such a high asian and native hawaiian population
I've had two black teachers, one for Bio and the other for "Economics and Personal Finance" (BS course that's required for graduation because apparently some people don't realize that saving money is a thing). Both were terrible at what they did and how they got jobs was nothing short of affirmative action.
EDIT: I must admit that both were very, very nice women, but were also dumb af and had no idea what they were doing.
Last edited by Skullivan at May 17, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
pretty obv given the 20% asian part

the filipinas <33333333333333333
Quote by Eastwinn
also anyone reading those stats should consider that my school admits people with a median SAT score of 1800

Wait, that includes the writing part too?

Quote by GuitarGod_92
nah lol
rundown and full of methheads tbh

no it's really pretty nice...

you should get out to more shitty areas

but don't really, except for the perspective
Page 1 of 4