so straight off the bat i know diddly about amps, literally, nothing. i purchased a Marshall amp (cant be sure of the model as im away from home) a couple of years ago as it was on offer in the shop a the time and it was the completely wrong purchase for me. too much bass on clean and unless i wanted to thrash it out i just couldn't get a good sound, anyway, its broke, good.

but now im looking for a new amp, its for home use only so ideally good on low levels but can also kick a bit of volume out on weekends.

my problem is im looking for an all rounder, i like to play the likes of Hendrix, bb king, the smiths, the Beatles, but then i like to switch it to some led zep and ac/dc etc.

i had my eye on the fender blues delux but feared it might suffer in the rock/metal area?

ive seen them used for around £500 and i reckon thats what im looking to spend, the marshall plexi's and the likes are a nice dream but i imagine way too over kill for my needs

im currently playing a gibson sg but looking to get a rickenbacker 330 and a fender strat in the not so distant future, then a gibson ES 355 a little later

any advice
also
used ENGL Thunder
Laney VC30
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I'll check them out thanks!

What does anyone reckon to the blues deluxe or the fender twin??

Any good for my needs
Ac15/ac30
My Gear:
Fender Classic 50s Strat
Gibson Les Paul Studio
1977 Marshall JMP 2104
1995 Marshall 1959SLP
Silvertone 1481
Yamaha RA-200
Quote by Serge_09

Any good for my needs

Fender Twin will have the most beautiful, pure, clean sound you'll ever find. It also takes pedals very well.
You won't get any dirt out of it without a pedal. Also, it's got more volume than any sane person would ever need. Almost too much.
I'd go with a Vox AC15 from you say you're playing.
If you don't mind spending a little more, Blackstar makes some pretty versatile amps with beautiful cleans and punishing distortion, and everything in between.

Or if you don't care about having a tube amp you could go with a modeler like the Peavey Viper or similar.
Quote by Serge_09

Any good for my needs

They're decent amps but are pretty much in the clean to blues category, to drive them further you'll need pedals.

I'd suggest the VC30 as well or Traynor YCB50 if you have them in your country.