Poll: Vox Amplug Metal or Lead?
Poll Options
View poll results: Vox Amplug Metal or Lead?
Metal
0 0%
Lead
0 0%
Voters: 0.
Hi guys, I'm currently torn between Vox Amplug Metal and Lead.
I have a Ibanez s320 with Dimarzio neck and bridge pickups. I'm Planning to practice on headphones for now and would like to try the Vox Amplug.

I play metal and rock and I like playing solos. So which would be better for me? I'm quite worried that the lead wouldn't be too metally which I want but I also want my solos to sound best specially when I do squeals or pinch harmonic or sweeps.
I have an Amplug, and I hate it
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Get a Zoom G1on.

Does everything the Amplug does and a whole shitload more.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I have a Zoom G1X back home. It's pretty good but just wanted to give the Amplugs a try. Based on the demos I've watched on youtube, the VoxampLug Metal and Lead sounds really good compared to my Zoom G1x using my old guitar ( Washburn wg228 ).
The trouble with amplugs is that they're too much of a one trick pony. OK for what they are, but you can get something better for the money. If you're set on getting one, search around ebay for the Joyo copy - it's basically the same thing for less money.

The G1on is a major update from the G1x, the effects & amp sims are loads better. You also get the drums & looper that the amplug doesn't offer, and it has an aux input that I'm not sure was included on the G1x/
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud