I got logged out from Facebook today for no obvious reason.

It seems like they demand a scanned Id-card or similar to log in.

Is this something that happened to a lot of people recently?

I don´t have a photo that looks anything, like any of my uploaded facebook photos, on my drivers license or passport so I guess that´s a problem.
Last edited by magikern_andy at May 18, 2015,
No worries just upload the first page of your passport and your bank account number too.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
No worries just upload the first page of your passport and your bank account number too.

Seems a bit like Big Brother lol.

Bank account? Seems like they try to make facebook a paysite.

Has this happened to everyone with the minimal amount of personal info on facebook recently?
That sounds a bit unusual. I work for Facebook, send me your e-mail and password and I will sort it out immediately.
I don't have a bookface.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
That sounds a bit unusual. I work for Facebook, send me your e-mail and password and I will sort it out immediately.

Really?

What´s your name? Do you have a site?

Could it be a phishing attempt or reported profile?
Quote by magikern_andy
Really?

What´s your name? Do you have a site?

Could it be a phishing attempt or reported profile?

Does it just say: upload this? On actual facebook.com? Or does it give a reason?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
It seems like it is something that has happened during the past few days to many people, right? A new rule they have?

Possible to log-in using mobile phone confirmation instead?

A scanned passport that looks like someone else then on the photos uploaded won´t help much I guess?

I doubt that I used my real birthdate either I just picked something fast, the birthyear might be correct but that´s it.
Last edited by magikern_andy at May 18, 2015,
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by MeGaDeth2314

pleaseeeee don't do this
Quote by whywefight
pleaseeeee don't do this

I won´t

The whole thing seems a bit weird I think.

I did a password reset but I still have to send this skanned ID file to log-in. It´s a secure log-in as far as I can see.
They think your information might be bogus (which you've admitted it is) and that's why they are asking.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by whywefight
pleaseeeee don't do this

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Quote by Arby911
They think your information might be bogus (which you've admitted it is) and that's why they are asking.

That doesn´t mean that someone reported it? They just send it to every profile (within the near future) with very little info (no public info) or nickname instead of real and complete name? A new rule (started a few days ago perhaps) that will affect many.
Quote by magikern_andy
That doesn´t mean that someone reported it? They just send it to every profile (within the near future) with very little info (no public info) or nickname instead of real and complete name? A new rule (started a few days ago perhaps) that will affect many.

From the link posted above:

"We require everyone using Facebook to use their authentic name and birthday. This way, you always know who you're connecting with. When we discover accounts that look fake or like they’re using fake information, we ask the owner to verify that they are who they say they are."
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
From the link posted above:

"We require everyone using Facebook to use their authentic name and birthday. This way, you always know who you're connecting with. When we discover accounts that look fake or like they’re using fake information, we ask the owner to verify that they are who they say they are."

Facebook start to get worse and worse. Sometimes you wonder if they will start to collect phone numbers of all members and require a confirmation so they can sell it to companies that will spam you all day long based on the groups you are a member in etc.

That is propably happening right now I guess (Not including phished accounts).