I have been playing guitar for several years now and really trying to improve my tone. I mainly play metal and am inspired by bands such as Metalica, Megadeth, iron maiden etc. i currently play a jackson warrior JS32T going through a Marshall MG15FXMSDM (Dave mustain Megastack)
I am finding my overall tone to not have enough kick or metal power (kinda hard to explain without hearing it) I am pretty sure the bottleneck in my set up is the amp because i have played my guitar through various dedicated tube amps and it sounds amazing.
The specs of my amp are as follows:
Output: 15W
Speaker: 1x10" (2 off)
Dimensions: 15-1/4"W x 38"H x 9-1/2"D
Weight: 41-1/4lb.

What i would like to know is if it is possible to change the amp head and be able to get a great tone through those two marshall cabs. I would go for an amp which produces excelent metal tones at a decent value. Options i have looked are Black star HT metal 5 or Huges and kettner tube miester 18.
Any thoughts on this?
those MG cabs are pretty crappy do don't expect miracles using them. you're better off just investing in a new setup.
Budget?
Location?
Gigging or just playing alone?

Answer these and we'll find you the ideal amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The speakers in those cabs are shit. I agree that you should start from scratch.

I am not a fan of the ht blackstars. They are hybrid and blackstar markets them as all tube. The tubemeisters are ok, but I think they are a little fizzy.

What is your maximum budget? We can help you find something better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the tube meister, but don't think even that would get the tone you're looking for tbh
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I am willing to spend up to a max of £550 / 860$ US the amp will need to be suitable for practice and small sized venues. I dont mind if it is combo/ head and cabs as long as it fits the requirments. I much prefer the amp to be tube and not solid state.
Many thanks!
Quote by Guitardude7889
I am willing to spend up to a max of £550 / 860$ US the amp will need to be suitable for practice and small sized venues. I dont mind if it is combo/ head and cabs as long as it fits the requirments. I much prefer the amp to be tube and not solid state.
Many thanks!

well JET CITY would seem to be the go to amp in your part of the world. i'd also look at a Marshall DSL40c .
Tube vs solid state might not be the most significant issue you have as much as having sufficient power to work with and a properly tuned cabinet. I think you'd be better off with MORE solid state power and something like the Mesa Thiele cabinet with an EV-L or Eminence Delta ProA installed. It's not a matter of volume, but having enough power and a cabinet capable of putting out clean, solid bottom end, even at relatively low volumes..