Hey there, my covers band need some more 70's material, the catch is, a few of us suck, so we need relatively easy tunes, but yet I want ones that can challenge me, no Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Queen please, and mainly rock tunes. If anyone knows any I might have missed, please say.
Thanks.
How about some Boston songs from their first album, like More Than a Feeling or Rock and Roll Band?
I love Boston, unfortunately, no one else in the band does, besides, they'd be too much for them to learn :/
We do some CCR currently, I'd like to do more, only two of us know The Band, we should do some Rolling stones, cheers.
Neil Young, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Steely Dan, Santana, Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick, Blondie, Kansas, Dire Straits, Kiss...
Last edited by YellowCat at May 18, 2015,
I second the Neil Young. You said some of your band mates suck, so you might want to stay away from santana or blue oyster cult. Blondie always goes over well though.
I've tried to get BOC, Purple, Cheap Trick, Dire Straits, Kiss even Blondie, none went well hahaha I'll try some Neil Young, cheers guys.
The Kinks, Beatles, The Cars, The Who, Troggs, Doobie Brothers, Grand Funk, Status Quo, Smokie, Faces, Nazareth, Grateful Dead, Free, Aerosmith. Not quite sure what exactly you're looking for so just threw out some names off my head.

Might be easier for us if you give some songs/bands you're already playing to give us an idea.
So Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Queen don't challenge you but Kiss is too hard?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Bad Company (pretty easy but good tight stuff), early ZZ Top like "La Grange", Foghat "I Just Wanna Make Love To You", "Slow Rider" or "Fool For The City", early Doobie Brothers (always a crowd pleaser), anything by Free.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 19, 2015,