Hi Everyone,

So I just ordered a used Floyd Rose Original Series Tremolo Bridge with R3 Nut from musicians friends.

I want to get your tips and advice for installing this on my Jackson.
Ive done a decent amount of research and it looks like this should be a perfect fit for this guitar.

But any heads up on the process you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Such as, should I replace every part that comes with the new floyd ie. the spring screws, mounting studs, etc.

Thanks everyone!
Yes. Don't cheap out, timewise.

You don't HAVE to replace every part, but later on, when something bad happens and you're standing around sheepishly explaining that the reason your trem is creaky is because you didn't bother to replace... to some tech who's facepalming himself, you'll wish you had.

Just do it.
Quote by dspellman
Yes. Don't cheap out, timewise.

You don't HAVE to replace every part, but later on, when something bad happens and you're standing around sheepishly explaining that the reason your trem is creaky is because you didn't bother to replace... to some tech who's facepalming himself, you'll wish you had.

Just do it.

agree however you may be able to leave the mounting posts that are already in your guitar if they the same as the replacement. if they are still good then they should be ok. having said that you paid for new parts so you might as well use them. better safe than sorry
Let me know how everything fits. I've been looking to replace the trems on my Jacksons haven't looked real hard for dimensions and specs.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
^ http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm (I haven't corroborated any of that info)

schaller, gotoh and OFR routing templates (with dimensions) are available on each of their respective websites.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?