Need some opinions. I'm a beginner to intermediate player, mainly slow blues BB King style. I'm tired of my cheap solid body and want to step up a bit. I've narrowed it down to a PRS Bernie Marsden and Epiphone Lucille. I've tried both but none of the local stores have the amp I am using, a Peavey Delta Blues 115. It's a toss up on playability, which do you folks think will match up best with my amp? One side question is opinions on which one has the more durable gold hardware?
The Lucille. Easily. And not just cos he died last week, either. Being a semi hollow is a bonus for you and it'll sound a whole heck of a lot warmer and fuller through a Delta, plus the tone control on it makes it really versatile too. Which did you like more honestly when you played them?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd compare the lucille to the se zach myers versus the bernie marsden.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I preferred the Lucille as I was able to borrow one and play it thru my old Marshall before I got the Delta Blues, guess that answers my question. Still somewhat concerned about gold hardware.
Lol, don't be. It'll be many, many years before it wears. And by that point, if you still have the thing, it'll add to the effect and charm of being an old instrument you've had for eons.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'd compare the lucille to the se zach myers versus the bernie marsden.

+1. the zach myers is a nice guitar.

but buy the one that feels best to you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Plus, worn gold hardware can be replaced with new gold hardware, if needs must.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by spencer451
I preferred the Lucille as I was able to borrow one and play it thru my old Marshall before I got the Delta Blues, guess that answers my question. Still somewhat concerned about gold hardware.

not a big deal. guitars are meant to be used. as danny said, if you are that concerned, ten years down the road you can replace it. but i wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.

i prefer my Sublime Chieftain to both. :shurg:
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i'd consider an Epi dot if the gold hardware is an issue. will get you the sound you want and are nice guitars. i'd also look at some of the Ibanez artcore series guitars as they have some models that would suite that style as well.