I'm in the market for a new guitar to upgrade from my encore stratocaster copy i got for £50 (Surprisingly good guitar for the low price, But the fretwork is shoddy and it isn't worth fixing ). The rg350exz became my main option after trying it unplugged in a guitar store for about twenty minutes but i have a few questions. . .Firstly, Will the stock pickups need upgrading or will they do the job for now? Secondly, Is the tremolo a improvement on the edgeIII or about the same quality wise? And finally, If i decide to go with it, Would ordering online be safe or would buying the one i played in the store be the best option? Cheers

By the way, The style of music i play ranges from classic rock (mainly motley crue) to punk rock like the ramones, GBH, And minor threat . Also, Any other recommendations are welcome aslong as they're under £400
Second hand Fender HSS stratocaster, and remainder of your budget on something like a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker?

Playing in a store is always a better option
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
you will probably want new pickups, and if it is what i am thinking it has a shitty trem too.

budget guitars generally don't have good tremolos.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Apparently the trem on the newer models is the same used on their more expensive models (Premium series i think. . .) so it should be okay. . .Over time i want to upgrade it all anyway so if a better tremolo is needed then i don't mind . If i go with the RG, Any pickup recommendations? Thanks man
Looking on Google I see that the RG is a HSH guitar with a Floyd Rose type tremolo.

My money is on Seymour Duncan TB-11 in bridge position, Seymour Duncan SH-PG1 in neck position and something like the Seymour Duncan APS-1-RWRP in the middle position.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by JoeyPsycho
Apparently the trem on the newer models is the same used on their more expensive models (Premium series i think. . .) so it should be okay. . .Over time i want to upgrade it all anyway so if a better tremolo is needed then i don't mind . If i go with the RG, Any pickup recommendations? Thanks man

it could be good i guess. the premiums aren't that great IMO.

i would go crunch lab in the bridge, a chopper in the center and a liquifire in the neck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think it's the RG350DX that had the bad trem. The RG350DXZ has the better one (I've tried either but this is what I've heard).

Also, the Ibanez S420 is decent - I've got one and the trem is excellent. I think it has been replaced with the S520 now, which you can easily get under £400 online.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It uses an edge zero-II, which replaced the rather notorious edge III a few years back. That said, I'm not sure if it was an actual improvement of not.

edit - edge zero II not edge II
Last edited by JackalUK at May 20, 2015,