Poll: Ibanez S320 or GRG270?
Poll Options
View poll results: Ibanez S320 or GRG270?
Ibanez S320
12 100%
Ibanez GRG270?
0 0%
Voters: 12.
I'm currently torn between the two. My friend is selling his Ibanez S320 with dimarzio pickups and another friend is selling a GRG270 with stock pickups. Which one is better? I play metal and rock and like to shred.
Skip on the Gio.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
S320 is a higher-end guitar and it's got the nicer pickups. Go for that one, no question.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Hey guys I just found out it was a grg270b not a grg270. Does that make enough difference to consider the grg270b?
One is a shitty GiO with binding and the other one is a shitty GiO without binding.

So no.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
there is no comparison. GIO's are shit. the S is a decent guitar. the pickups are probably a lot better too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think this is the first poll in EG where the other option got 0 votes
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I wouldnt take any of those reviews with a million grains of salt.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah, reviews like that you've got to think about frames of reference. The cheaper the guitar, the more likely it is that the reviewer's never played anything decent.

On a good day the actual text can be useful. On a good day.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
+3 on the not trusting the reviews. as it seems the cheaper it is, generally the less experienced they are with gear and think its great. as it gets more expensive, people realize that the cheap guitar that they got last year didn't hold up to their new purchase, and get something new, then the realize there is better out there and are more critical.

i think everybody is guilty of it to some point at the beginning of their playing career, its not really their fault.

_______

on a side not i was reading the comments on a review i wrote a while ago, it was on my Splawn Nitro, and i think it was like an 8 overall, maybe a tad under, and one of the comments on the bottom said something along the lines of "this amp is so great! why does it get an 8?" its not perfect and there things that are better/worse about it in comparison to another amp. nothing is perfect. everything could be better in some way.

as it has been said take reviews with a grain of salt.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
S series guitars are nice - I've got an S420, but I think the main difference between mine and your friend's is that his has nicer pickups and his only has 22 frets.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I hope so. He said he swapped the pickups with dimarzio but he doesn't know which model and I've heard that the INF1 and INF2 on the s320 stock is better than some Dimarzio pickup models.
^ where'd you hear that? it's ages since I've tried them but the low end ibanez pickups, IIRC, are pretty terrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ INF sounded a bit better than the Dimarzio Paf Pro accroding to this video. Specially when distorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9G7Kz0qEw

But I hope it's not totally true. I can't really test the two guitars that my friends are selling cuz I'm in a farther country and I'm just gonna have them ship the guitar to me.
paf pros are pretty nice. but they're not very hot. if he has the amp dialled in to suit the INFs (which are probably a bit hotter) that might explain it. also that's the neck position, that's not what i'd say is the best test for a distorted tone.

If you ask me the paf pro sounds a lot better there, too.

give me the option between paf pros and INFs and I'm not picking the INFs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?