Page 1 of 2
Considering that in most places the mother has the full right to murder the fetus, what rights do you think they should have? Do you think women should be allowed to smoke and do drugs while pregnant, or do you think the fetus has a right to a good development? Or do you think it has no rights and mothers can do whatever they want while being pregnant?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
neo y
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
There should be measures in place to make sure that if there is going to be a birth that the mother is being responsible in the sense that she is not making decisions that will negatively imapct the health of the child when it is born. Although I'm not really sure how this would effectively be done because I'm just a stoned guy on the internet.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
There should be measures in place to make sure that if there is going to be a birth that the mother is being responsible in the sense that she is not making decisions that will negatively imapct the health of the child when it is born. Although I'm not really sure how this would effectively be done because I'm just a stoned guy on the internet.

So the mother has a right to kill the child, but not carry it through while harming it?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Considering that in most places the mother has the full right to murder the fetus, what rights do you think they should have? Do you think women should be allowed to smoke and do drugs while pregnant, or do you think the fetus has a right to a good development? Or do you think it has no rights and mothers can do whatever they want while being pregnant?

Even philosophers don't have clear answers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion

But I say let the mom do whatever she wants.
Quote by Fat Lard
I think any mother should have the right to murder you, Neo Evil

With these statements I think it is clear which of us is more evil.

Anyway, it just seems like a weird system that killing is ok, yet harming not. Usually harming someone is punished less severely than murder
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
One. You can't ask a question with so much bias and not expect people to **** with you.

Two. I don't believe they do. They deserve a chance but not rights. This is the basic definition of right: Rights are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement; that is, rights are the fundamental normative rules about what is allowed of people or owed to people, according to some legal system, social convention, or ethical theory.

No. They don't have this. They don't even have the freedom to exercise these rights. If by fetuses you're talking about it not being able to survive outside the mother yet. If it can, that's a muddier discussion.

So no. But that doesn't mean the mother should be a ****ing twat while being pregnant.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
One. You can't ask a question with so much bias and not expect people to **** with you.

Two. I don't believe they do. They deserve a chance but not rights. This is the basic definition of right: Rights are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement; that is, rights are the fundamental normative rules about what is allowed of people or owed to people, according to some legal system, social convention, or ethical theory.

No. They don't have this. They don't even have the freedom to exercise these rights. If by fetuses you're talking about it not being able to survive outside the mother yet. If it can, that's a muddier discussion.

So no. But that doesn't mean the mother should be a ****ing twat while being pregnant.

Why don't they deserve rights? Everything the mother does affects the entire future of the fetus. They cannot exercise the rights while being in the mother, but that doesn't mean that law enforcement should just condone everything they mothers do. If you don't give and enforce these rights, mothers can be a ****ing twat while being pregnant.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Abortion is wrong, but the social/political reality of using government as a means to stop it simply doesn't make sense. It's like trying to use a toilet to solve an equation. It's just not the right tool.

So what can we do? Well, if we want abortion to stop then we need more enlightened citizens. We can assume such citizens would make the "right decision" and that rates of abortion would therefore drop, but again, that is an abstract and very difficult thing to accomplish.

Do we raise taxes and increase education spending? (Use the government)

It comes down to an economic question, really. A society shouldn't just be wealthy, as the United States is certainly very wealthy as a nation, but a lot of abortions happen there.

I would argue that the Middle Class of that society should be as large (proportionally) as possible. Quality of life should be high. Everything you'd think of for generally making the country a kick-ass place to live would help in the "reducing the number of abortions" department.

And that goal, reducing abortions, is simply one metric you could choose of countless others which would be impacted by improvements in all of the things I mentioned.

Dental extractions.

That could be used as well. If you designed a society that were populated by healthy, happy citizens basically having a kick-ass time and loving life then you'd have less dental extractions, too. And less dogs left in the back seats of cars in the summer and less of everything that just downright sucks and makes us sad.

But instead of focusing on one hot-button issue, instead use that energy that creates inside you to make the world around you a better place. Sounds pretty abstract? Well, it is. An abstract problem requires an abstract solution, but the goal should become clear:

Make people in general happier and healthier and wealthier and stuff like this will happen less and less often.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Thread is not about abortion, but about the right of the fetus to be protected from bad things the mother does (as in everything else but abortion). I would never ever say abortion should be illegal in countries like the USA where there is absolutely no social safety net. Forcing women to have babies would lead to a horrible life for both the mother and the child.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I dunno but I'm glad I'm not a fetus anymore.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Thread is not about abortion, but about the right of the fetus to be protected from bad things the mother does (as in everything else but abortion). I would never ever say abortion should be illegal in countries like the USA where there is absolutely no social safety net. Forcing women to have babies would lead to a horrible life for both the mother and the child.

It would certainly be nice to not have mothers **** up their children during their development, but it would be very hard to police.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Neo Evil11
So the mother has a right to kill the child, but not carry it through while harming it?

If you aren't having an abortion it is going to turn into a kid. So in that instance, yeah, there should be protections in place. If you are having an abortion who gives a shit. It's not going to turn into a kid so it doesn't matter. Fetuses don't have rights.

Once the decision is made that the fetus is going to become a person it can have rights. Because people have rights.

I've got mad pedantry hit me up.
I think abortion is seen as more acceptable because if the fetus is harmed it has to live with the effects for the rest of its life and that is seen as more cruel than not existing at all.

I am not sure what I think about this whole thing
cat
No fetuses have no rights whatsoever.

That being said, it doesn't protect the parent from the social repercussions of harming the fetus via drinking/smoking/etc while pregnant.

Personally I don't give a shit tho cuz I'm a member of the abort all fetuses deathsquad.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Even WOMAN philosophers don't have clear answers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion

But I say let the mom do whatever she wants.

FTFY.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Not until the fetus is at a certain age no they do not.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i think fetuses should have animal rights and nothing more
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
No fetuses have no rights whatsoever.

That being said, it doesn't protect the parent from the social repercussions of harming the fetus via drinking/smoking/etc while pregnant.

Personally I don't give a shit tho cuz I'm a member of the abort all fetuses deathsquad.

Ofcourse you think doing drugs while being pregnant should be legal.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Not until the fetus is at a certain age no they do not.

So mothers doing drugs that will lead to life long misery for the unborn child, should be legal?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Ofcourse you think doing drugs while being pregnant should be legal.

yeah
cuz fetuses dont have rights
so yeah
I think fetuses should be protected from abortion through housing legislation.

Abortion is pretty much illegal eviction before the end of the tenancy (which lasts for nine months).
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Neo Evil11
So mothers doing drugs that will lead to life long misery for the unborn child, should be legal?

No because drugs are illegal

Re abortion: until a certain age then it should be allowed.

Re mothers being irresponsible during pregnancy: if they intend to keep the baby they should not do anything that would harm the fetus.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No because drugs are illegal

Re abortion: until a certain age then it should be allowed.

Re mothers being irresponsible during pregnancy: if they intend to keep the baby they should not do anything that would harm the fetus.

Yeah that was my question, should have been more clear I suppose.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by guitarist41

Abortion is pretty much illegal eviction before the end of the tenancy (which lasts for nine months).

hehe
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by guitarist41

This would assume that the fetus was paying consideration though.

But it does raise an interesting point in that a party is bound to a contract if contracting with a minor, and assuming the lease was an implied contract...
Quote by Fat Lard
This would assume that the fetus was paying consideration though.

That shit doesn't apply in Scotland.

Quote by Fat Lard
But it does raise an interesting point in that a party is bound to a contract if contracting with a minor, and assuming the lease was an implied contract...

I think that's all that matters.

I am saviour of babies unborn.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Fat Lard
this reminds me of my favorite reality show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRx-2aqf9w

Haha! What channel is that on?

See, this is what a woman getting an abortion is: a landlord who wrongly believes that, because they own the property (womb), they have the right to remove anything inside it.
Quote by neidnarb11890
i still don't believe shit neo says in these threads. maybe it's just a coping mechanism of sorts on my part but i legit think he's bullshitting his opinions

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Neo Evil11
Or do you think it has no rights and mothers can do whatever they want while being pregnant?
Yes.

Quote by captain******
smoking and drugs should be generally disallowed and abortion should be legal. one has demonstrable harm to what is eventually a human person and the other doesn't
Lol, what. That's some "interesting" logic you must be using.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i still don't believe shit neo says in these threads. maybe it's just a coping mechanism of sorts on my part but i legit think he's bullshitting his opinions

I don't understand the "still", the "don't believe", the "shit" and the "bullshitting his opinions". You callin me a phoney?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by seanlang01
Lol, what. That's some "interesting" logic you must be using.

It's how most libtards think.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I don't understand the "still", the "don't believe", the "shit" and the "bullshitting his opinions". You callin me a phoney?

yeah basically

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Page 1 of 2