So I just finished a guitar using only the most basic tools. The closest I was to machinery was a drilling machine. I'm interested in your opinions, if you like it or not. I'll make a quick sound test soon so you can judge it's sound. I have to admit I bought the neck, cause since I have no access to any machinery I would't be able to make the frets accurate, but even there I made the headstock shape only with chisels and tools like that.
Here is the photo: >>Link<<
Not too bad for chisels. The body makes me think of an Iceman, but from The Flintstones. What neck and scale did you use? I can appreciate the efforts to shape the headstock, but something seems off, or odd with it.
Quote by highgear
...something seems off, or odd with it.

It's asymmetrical. I like it. Rounded headstock with a hole in the top, bit of center.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
The scale is 24.75 inches or 628 mm. The neck was the only one I could buy in my country, and it's originally for SG. And for the headstock, since I didn't check my measurement twice, I made it a little off center. I messed that up, but it ended up better than I thought.
Last edited by mumie.h at May 20, 2015,
Hey, don't make me come over to Praha with a trunk full of guitar necks.

Love that town.
Now I don't know what to say, I don't want to make you do anything, but I would kill for some decent necks
There is no greater playing pleasure than playing a guitar you designed/built yourself. Good job - enjoy it with all of its uniqueness, and do yourself a favour and build some more!
I like it, very nice work for just hand tools
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not my style, but I think the concept and execution are great. Paraphrasing Bm2, making and modding things yourself gives much satisfaction and confers mojo.

How did you cut the binding ledge?

And we have a saying in English - "measure twice, cut once", I bet you have something similar.
Quote by Tony Done
Not my style, but I think the concept and execution are great. Paraphrasing Bm2, making and modding things yourself gives much satisfaction and confers mojo.

How did you cut the binding ledge?

And we have a saying in English - "measure twice, cut once", I bet you have something similar.

I didn't, I actually just put a tape on the side and then put on the color, then took it off and started varnishing.

Yeah, we actually have the exact translation.
Last edited by mumie.h at May 21, 2015,