im in a band. we cant decide a name. we are a rock band. my friends in the band want to call the band second sunrise. is it too cheesy for a rock band or is it fine?
I'd stay away from anything to do with the sky.

EDIT: How about Second Helpings? Cause no doubt your band will be over-indulgent.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at May 19, 2015,
Quote by Dregen

No better response than this, to be honest.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Druga Zarja

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
What is the reasoning?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Druga Zarja

Sir Zori
Drugi Siri
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Sir Zori
Drugi Siri

Sir zori would actually be a great / hilarious band name

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Children of Edamed.

EDIT: Bandwich, Stuffed Crust (if your band is a crust punk band), Mozzarella Amadeus
Quote by neidnarb11890
Last edited by guitarist41 at May 19, 2015,
Hang on, Zjutraj sira - dawn of the cheese.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Hang on, Zjutraj sira - dawn of the cheese.

Zjutraj is 'in the morning' tho, i think you're looking for Jutro sira

Which is also

actually Sirova zarja might be better

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at May 19, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Zjutraj is 'in the morning' tho, i think you're looking for Jutro sira

Which is also

actually Sirova zarja might be better

yeah but google translate is like asking someone who did a language in high school and remembers some of the words.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
yeah but google translate is like asking someone who did a language in high school and remembers some of the words.

Google translate "I hate the Japanese language" into Japanese, than translate the Japanese back to English.
Quote by neidnarb11890
i wouldn't say second sunrise is cheesy, i just don't like it. what does it mean? does the second sunrise happen tomorrow? because that happens every day. might as well call yourselves "Tomorrow".
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at May 19, 2015,
Do you live on Tatooine or something?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Pastafarian96

ye google translate is weird sometimes

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Google translate (and other translation programs) translate the phrase word for word, instead of doing the entire phrase as a whole, so they miss the context of some words.
Take, for instance, the word seal.
Well, that could mean several different things now, couldn't it?
A seal as in a gasket, or the seal of a box or package, or it could mean the animal.
I don't care for it, but it's definitely not the worst I've heard.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
It doesn't matter you're gonna write like 3 songs, never play a show and break up anyway.
Call yourselves Prevention, they'll say you're better than the Cure.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Sounds like the name of a cocktail with entirely too much sugar in it
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by iamconfused
im in a band. we cant decide a name. we are a rock band. my friends in the band want to call the band second sunrise. is it too cheesy for a rock band or is it fine?

ok real talk: it's a fine band name. It's a bit cheesefest but that wouldn't stop me from listening to you guys, and most band names realistically aren't very good.
Bottom line no one gives a shit about your band. Call it Gay for Each Other, doesn't matter. No one will remember it in six months.

Some great bands have had some interesting names to start out. Leather Charm (Metallica), for example.

No one's like, "That name was so gay?"

No, they're all like, "Lars is a douchebag" because he's a douchebag.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

were like modern rock like the strokes or the offspring
i dont like the name either
i made it up though and my band mates want it
i was thinking "my friend john" after the song by the fratellis
Quote by iamconfused
by the way it is based on a really random conversation we had in class

To be serious: In my view, band names don't really matter. There's a band called The Explosion, and they are one of my all time favourite bands. When I first heard of them I thought their name was stupid, but once I heard their music, their name didn't matter at all, because I loved their songs.

Most of the bands that I like have names that don't have any deep meaning; they either just sound cool (e.g. Killswitch Engage) or have a very simple meaning (e.g Anti-Flag).
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by iamconfused
were like modern rock like the strokes or the offspring
i dont like the name either
i made it up though and my band mates want it
i was thinking "my friend john" after the song by the fratellis

we aren't friends
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Focus on the music. I've changed names a few times. People honestly don't care what I called the stuff, they'd tell me, "Yah, I really like track 5 on the demo. Do more like that!"

Track 5 was blackmetal, so I guess I write decent blackmetal.

It was a one-off.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

yeah I just changed the name of my soundcloud twice today for no apparent reason