My Ibanez Gio's middle pickup sticks up too far and interfere's with my playing. My pick always hits the pickup, and screws up my playing completely. Should I try and lower it? Or just remove it? Thanks
try lowering it first , loosen the screws on both sides but not too much. I mean it will look strange playing a guitar with a missing middle pickup right? I know Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmour (Deep Purple) both have the middle pickup disconnected but it's still there.

if anything sell/trade the guitar if it bothers you or try jazz III picks made by dunlop and see if you see any improvement.
Quote by Tallwood13
try lowering it first , loosen the screws on both sides but not too much. I mean it will look strange playing a guitar with a missing middle pickup right? I know Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmour (Deep Purple) both have the middle pickup disconnected but it's still there.

if anything sell/trade the guitar if it bothers you or try jazz III picks made by dunlop and see if you see any improvement.

Thanks man! I will see what I can do.
Drop the pickup and modify your picking style <G>.

I have a stack of H-S-H guitars and consider them among the most versatile I have. It's pretty easy to learn to NOT include the middle pickup in your picking.
What tallwood and dspellman said.
I think if I were building a guitar from scratch, I'd have it HSH with the middle pickup being incredibly low, but also very hot so it still has the same output as the others.
It would also be like a slightly offset Ibanez RG with a walnut top... bareknuckles... wenge neck... *daydreams*