Hi all I live in an older house and have gigged in other places that have older wiring that is not shielded. I was wondering if there was something i can get that can be plugged into the wall before the amp to help prevent this problem.

Hope you can understand my issue and know what i can do.. thanks.
Are we talking 3-wire or 2-wire outlets here?

Either way I'd call Furman or someone that knows the Furman line really well and explain your situation. Their stuff is supposed to be very good but can get very expensive if you need more than the basic power spikes covered.

Some type of power conditioner or UPS seems to be in order.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Are we talking 3-wire or 2-wire outlets here?

Either way I'd call Furman or someone that knows the Furman line really well and explain your situation. Their stuff is supposed to be very good but can get very expensive if you need more than the basic power spikes covered.

Some type of power conditioner or UPS seems to be in order.

i have standard new zealand plugs here i can use 2 or 3 pin plugs in them

most amps, pedals etc have 2 pin plugs, some 3

UPS way a ton and are expensive. if i could find a multi plug computer board with a 60 cycle hum protection it would be a better, hopefully cheaper option. i dont own this house its a government house and if i asked them to look at the power for grounding they may charge me to do so. but i can only ask i guess.
Last edited by mickeyj4j at May 25, 2015,
It could be a potential grounding problem. Try using a ground lift
I'm sure you can find something like this for your socket type and test sockets yourself.
http://www.amazon.com/Amprobe-ST-102B-Socket-Tester-GFCI/dp/B008E07HM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432559571&sr=8-1&keywords=circuit+ground+tester

Most hardware stores should carry these kind of things.
Get a cheap power outlet tester. If the earth is faulty, they'll have to pay to repair it because the house isn't up to code. That's their responsibility, not yours. Do it because you could be in real danger.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification