here is my question

do glasses ever get comfortable

like the bits that go behind the ear are killing me

is there some sort of refuge?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
depends on the frames

My first pair of glasses was awful because the corner of the bit behind my ear was really sharp. My second and third pair were okay. I have 3 new pairs now and 2 of them are uncomfortable unless I put my hair in between because they're tighter and point inward and rub the skin behind my ear off.

if it really bothers you get new frames but if you have enough hair to act as a barrier you'll be fine, just be careful how you put your glasses on
cat
Lasik Ftw!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Pastafarian96
get ones with longer arms, you push them up a lot, but they don't piss you off all the time.
tbf that wouldn't be a problem. or it would, but i would welcome it.

thanks guys about the arms and lenses and stuff i'll look into it
it's all coming back

In seriousness, go back to the glasses shop and they will be able to adjust the arms to better fit you.
Yeh get them adjusted. I don't notice mine. They're probably too narrow and they're squeezing the side of your head.
Need prescription glasses. Hate wearing them. I prefer not to wear them unless I have to (e.g. lecture) so I don't recognise people out in public which is great

that wasn't sarcastic it's exhausting to recognise people and say hi

get contact lenses
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by chaoticfables
Need prescription glasses. Hate wearing them. I prefer not to wear them unless I have to (e.g. lecture) so I don't recognise people out in public which is great

that wasn't sarcastic it's exhausting to recognise people and say hi

Actually I do this too, but I've gotten into some pretty awkward situations because of it. People who don't know that I have bad vision probably think I'm a dick because I don't recognize them and therefore don't acknowledge them unless they're like 5 feet in front of me.
Quote by icanhasgodmode

get contact lenses

i dunno man eyeballs are much more sensitive than behind the ears so i dont think that would help this problem much and glasses look great honestly glasses are great for me they make me look mid 20s like i am opposed to without them i look 12 and get ID'd for literally anything
Quote by Ichikurosaki
i dunno man eyeballs are much more sensitive than behind the ears so i dont think that would help this problem much and glasses look great honestly glasses are great for me they make me look mid 20s like i am opposed to without them i look 12 and get ID'd for literally anything

just because they look great on you doesn't mean they look great on everybody. I have never found a pair of glasses that didn't make me look like a total loser. I tried on almost every pair of glasses at 3 or 4 different stores around here before settling on the pair that made me look least stupid.
no I'm not and that is a really weird thing to say? I've seen plenty of girls who look cute with glasses on.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

except you can't get eczema on your eyeballs and you can behind your ears therefore contacts win
cat
"Girls should wear contacts unless they are okay with being ugly" is a pretty sexist thing to say. You could have easily just said, "I dont like the way glasses look on most girls".
Girls with glasses are often sexy.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
.....glasses are great for me they make me look mid 20s like i am opposed to without them i look 12 and get ID'd for literally anything

Grow a beard
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Baby Joel
here is my question

do glasses ever get comfortable

like the bits that go behind the ear are killing me

is there some sort of refuge?

I used to have that problem but not with my current glasses nor the pair before.

A crucial factor is the shape of the pieces that loop over the ear. These can easily be heat-moulded by the optician in store. If you get them to shape it so the glasses rest further down your nose there will be less weight on the more sensitive parts of your ear.
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Grow a beard

This post makes me sad, because I have the beard growth of a boy who's only half-way through puberty. It's like my only flaw
Quote by ultimate-slash
This post makes me sad, because I have the beard growth of a boy who's only half-way through puberty. It's like my only flaw

Wait, so your profile picture is a lie?
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Wait, so your profile picture is a lie?

Actually, I have to correct myself. I have two flaws.
1. My lack of manly beard growth.
2. I am not actually the bear in my avatar.

Also, the guy on my profile is just this guy I know who is not me and who is very beautiful and also it's not me but he's very similar to me in that he has the exact same two flaws.
He is your bear handler, I presumed
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by ultimate-slash
Precisely! Also, have you ever noticed that a bear is pretty much a bear with a d? How manly is that?

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Pastafarian96
why am I looking at Andy Warhol pulling his brain out?

Is that a philosophical question, or a question about human anatomy?
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
haha you wear glasses.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
thanks again for the help

i don't really know how contacts work, but I am suddenly far-sighted. so when i use my glasses, it's only for things like 3ft in front of me like a laptop or a puzzle or something. When I want to look beyond 3ft, I hav to take the glasses off, otherwise everything is blurry. so i don't know how well contacts would work with that
it's all coming back

Page 1 of 2