Hey Guys! So I'm torn between these two beauties and can't decide which one to get. They're both used by the way and both near mint condition to me. First, let's talk about specs:

ESP LTD EC-1000 - $575 w/ hard case
2006 Vintage Honey Burst Model
Set-neck construction
24.75 scale mahogany body
Flamed maple top
Ebony fingerboard
Tone pros locking bridge
Sperzel locking tuners
Seymour Duncan pickups jb/59 combo
just references for pics

ESP LTD M-1000 - $700
2008 Snow White Model
Set-thru body construction
25.5 scale Alder body
Flame maple top
Rosewood fingerboard
Original Floyd Rose
Grover tuners
EMG 81/81 active pups
references for pics

What do you guys think? I'm a big sucker for superstrats but I'm really considering the ec1000 reason being the ESP eclipse is one of my dream guitar so for now i'll be settled with only the ltd version. On the other hand, the m1000 looks pretty sweet and i'm sure the original floyd would do it's job perfectly. Aside from the prices, Let me know what you guys think and any inputs is greatly appreciated.

Oh and by the way, I play anything from jazz to technical death metal and I currently have an RG1550M and RGA321 both gorgeous superstrats.

Cheers!
i think its up to your preference.

and do you want a floyd? i guess that is a big thing.

they are pretty similar guitars as far as quality goes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would go with the EC, I prefer the mahogany body, ebony fretboard, tonepros bridge and passive pickups. Plus you own already two superstrats so the EC would be something different to compliment your collection.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
Esp Ltd Ec-1000
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
I guess it depends on your preference. Active or passive, floyd or non, scale length etc.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
That would be a difficult choice for myself too but i would get the ESP LTD EC-1000 as i dont enjoy the floyd rose experience but i think active pickups are great so the ESP LTD M-1000 has its charms too.

Like the others guys said its personal preference.I would go for the ESP LTD EC-1000.
The specs look better on the EC - and i prefer their look, but I had a sub par experience with one (which was a shame, was a beaut of a guitar).

Would be best to try both in all honesty
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
for my preferences, easily the EC. Plus they are much more sought after than the M line, so if you should decide to sell it later you'll probably have an easier time doing so.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd get the M-1000 because I don't have a superstat with a Floyd and EMGs. . .

I'm still not sure how I feel about the JB in an Eclipse but mine was free I'f you're thinking Les Paul sound in the EC then I don't think it will deliver though the '59 is sweet in the neck. Think rock/metal guitar in a Les Paul shape and you should be good.

Just buy them both and sell the one you don't really connect with for a profit Remember a good deal is made when you buy, not sell.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
So far, everybody prefers the EC1000. Now, can it handle B standard tuning with heavier gauge strings? If not, I can switch tuning with my 1550M which is currently at EB standard. For the M1000, i don't know but the OFR on it looks promising and i like to wank on whammy bars sometimes and EMG's are bonuses(i think).

If i play more into jazz-80's rock, which would have the tonal advantage but for if i went to low tunings which would give me more attack and tight low-end?
Quote by minuskill
So far, everybody prefers the EC1000. Now, can it handle B standard tuning with heavier gauge strings? If not, I can switch tuning with my 1550M which is currently at EB standard. For the M1000, i don't know but the OFR on it looks promising and i like to wank on whammy bars sometimes and EMG's are bonuses(i think).

If i play more into jazz-80's rock, which would have the tonal advantage but for if i went to low tunings which would give me more attack and tight low-end?

For me the G string never stayed in tune when i had my EC in Drop C, and have heard other people having similar problems. That being said theres countless touring bands that use them in low tunings and I also know people who have them and they're fine for low tunings.

The EC with those specs is more equipped for the 80's rock (and is more versitile than EMGS), but arguably the M with EMG's may be better suited for lower tunings.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special