G'day all,
I have a DIY guitar that I have built, and it's actually not too bad. I have been told that a company called guitar fetish do pickups, called GFS.
Now, these pups are only about $40 each. So obviously I wouldn't be expecting Seymour Duncan capabilities and sounds.
The stock pups in my DIY...are...really bad. I am a father of a 8 month old on minimum wage. You know how it goes, trying to cheap out because that's all we can afford!
I was hoping somebody might have some experience with these guys?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Professional-Series-OUR-BEST_c_347.html

Ibanez RG 370 DXZL,
LTD M-100 FM (EMG Hz4- 4a),
Jackson DKY2,
Schecter Omen 7 series (7 string),
Epiphone LP,
DIY flying v guitar,
Chinese fake PRS guitar.

Marshall MG 100DFX,
Digitech df7,
Digitech RP355,
Line6 Amplifi tt.
i love the crunchy pat. very good for the price.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I totally rate GFS pups and have used the Crunchy "pat"s for years, since they were called Crunchy PAF's! Great pickups, great tone. There is no compromise with these......
I hav the Fat Pat in my old LP clone and it actually replaced the Dimarzio Super Distortion that was in it. I am 100% happy. The VEH is also very good

I have no experience with the professional series, just realize they are not wax potted so they may squeal if you play high gain music.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have the fat pats which I love, and the lil killers (punchers? whatever the tele set is) I love em both.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Recently put a Gold Foil Humbucker in my fat strat frankenstein. It's great. A crunchy Pat is next on my list. They are really worth it.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I had a GFS Power Rail in the bridge of my Warlock when I bought it. Sounded much better than the stock neck pick-up, but that's in a different position, so it's hard to compare. It's a very hot pick-up and definitely not bad.
Pickups, done in volume, represent about $1.50 in materials with the rest of the cost in profit-taking, packaging, advertising, shipping, inventory costs, etc.

If one could buy pickups being produced by, say, an Asian source that also sells pickups under other names and to a wide variety of Asian guitar manufacturers, and if you could sell them direct without adding the layer of cost and profit taking that distributing to a brick and mortar chain would cost, you might be able to sell pretty decent pickups at a pretty good price.

That *might* be GFS' marketing model.
Quote by dspellman
Pickups, done in volume, represent about $1.50 in materials with the rest of the cost in profit-taking, packaging, advertising, shipping, inventory costs, etc.

I don't know how complicated the manufacturing process is, but there's a cost to that as well. Even in Asia there'd be a few bucks-per-unit in labour costs. They probably are made in Asia somewhere, they're definitely not boutique pick-ups, but they're still decent.
They're pretty underrated, actually. The Fat Pat and Crunchy Pat are both solid choices.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Count me in as a fan of GFS. Especially the Retrotron line, but echoing others the Crunchy Pat is terrific as well. Possibly the best bang-for-buck in regards to pickups
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thanks for the help guys, I think I can now say that I will get myself a set, when i get the money!
You've all seemed to have positive experience with them.

Ibanez RG 370 DXZL,
LTD M-100 FM (EMG Hz4- 4a),
Jackson DKY2,
Schecter Omen 7 series (7 string),
Epiphone LP,
DIY flying v guitar,
Chinese fake PRS guitar.

Marshall MG 100DFX,
Digitech df7,
Digitech RP355,
Line6 Amplifi tt.
They're having a site-wide Memorial Day sale at the moment which should bring the prices down even more.

I can also recommend the Fat Pats as well as the NYII's - both great and not just for the price.