Hey.
So, I'm an idiot. I must have screwed my whammy bar too far in and it is now stuck. When I felt it tighten at first I immediately turned it anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise for you Americans), but it just made it worse. It's now completely stuck and if I force it anymore it'll probably snap or break the whole guitar. Any ideas? Being a novice, I'm not took keen on opening the back but I'll do it if someone assures it's okay to do so.

BTW: I have a Squier strat.

Thanks!
If it is stuck that hard then what I would do is remove the strings, remove the bridge and use a lubricant like washing up liquid or something similar to try and loosen it.

You could do this without removing the bridge but you risk either damaging or blemishing the finish.
Quote by Random3
If it is stuck that hard then what I would do is remove the strings, remove the bridge and use a lubricant like washing up liquid or something similar to try and loosen it.

You could do this without removing the bridge but you risk either damaging or blemishing the finish.

Bit too late now... Decided to man up and put some muscle into it... and it snapped clean off. Gonna take it to a shop.
Quote by smartypants857
Bit too late now... Decided to man up and put some muscle into it... and it snapped clean off. Gonna take it to a shop.

Well, at least you learned your lesson, I hope?
Well, the good news is that you're definitely not the first person to snap off a trem arm. Bad news is that they're probably not going to be able to drill out the bar without stripping the soft zinc of the block.

A new block and trem arm from guitar fetish are a cheap fix, and actually an upgrade when you're done.
Quote by Roc8995
Well, the good news is that you're definitely not the first person to snap off a trem arm. Bad news is that they're probably not going to be able to drill out the bar without stripping the soft zinc of the block.

A new block and trem arm from guitar fetish are a cheap fix, and actually an upgrade when you're done.

Yeah, I'll probably go with this. Any recommendations on what to get? Thanks.
Recommendation? Get the one that's spaced right for your trem plate
Check the model of your squier, but I think your only option is an import block and a 10-32 bar.
Here.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Import-105mm-Spaced-Brass-Tremolo-Block_p_1146.html

or in steel
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Solid-Steel-Tremolo-Block-Fits-Most-IMPORT-Tremolos_p_688.html

I'd go with brass, personally. It will sound better. And those squiers usually need all the help they can get.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Might as well buy a new guitar. Squires are trash.
- Gibson SG 1961 Re-issue
- Fender Stratocaster
- Egnater Rebel-30
- Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by RabidPikachu

Well you're very kind aren't you. Knobhead.
Get one that has the 'righty tighty/lefty loosey' thing molded in.

That wasn't a dig.

I can't count the number of times when I've nearly broken something off because I've screwed it way too hard.
Man, I went one step further than you. I screwed the bar on my first guitar (also a Squier strat, as it turns out) in so tight that it went THROUGH the end of the block.

I don't like the screw in bars. Push ins are much nicer. Unfortunately, they're more expensive to make too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RabidPikachu

kindly **** off, please.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by oneblackened
Man, I went one step further than you. I screwed the bar on my first guitar (also a Squier strat, as it turns out) in so tight that it went THROUGH the end of the block.

I don't like the screw in bars. Push ins are much nicer. Unfortunately, they're more expensive to make too.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Don't even ask how I did that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.