Hi, I'm looking to add another fuzz pedal to my board. I have a Way Huge Saucy Box for overdrive and a Way Huge Swollen pickle fuzz. It's a really great pedal for over the top broken amp, wasps in a box type fuzz sound but I'm looking for another pedal for more subtle fuzz sounds. I've tried a few, most recently being a Fuzzface, which I think sounds great on its own, but I play in a 2 guitar band so I found it got completely lost in the mix. So I need something nice and clear but not too harsh.
I'm not that knowledgeable on fuzz pedals, so I'm completely open to suggestion from any brand at all.
Just so you know, I play a Gibson SG Standard through a Marshall DSL100H.

Thanks in advance, I know this is a slightly vague question, but that's just because I'm really not sure on the specific sound I want - just less aggressive than the swollen pickle and clearer than the fuzzface
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Tad on the pricey side, but a blackout effectors special twosome could work. The range of sounds in one of those is huge.
Have you tried using the internal voice knob on the Swollen pickle to smooth out the waspy higher frequencies (counter clockwise to do so)?

EDIT: It just hit me that subtle refers to the gain from what you need haha. My fuzz experience is strictly with Muff variants, so...I guess the hoof from my experience; less gain on tap than the swollen pickle, you won't get lost in the mix. Though I guess I wouldn't think of much in the muff family as "subtle"
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at May 20, 2015,
The Jetter Indigo is an fuzz/overdrive hybrid that's pretty noise free and useful if you can find one. The Mccaffrey audio Green Vodka cuts throught the mix if you dig the Big Muff sound. Having used one but I've heard awesome things about the Subdecay Flying Tomato Fuzz. But my all time favorite for cutting through with 2 guitarists is the Fulltone 70 fuzz. It's just the right amount of fuzz and it has a mids control that you can crank to cut through.
Quote by hardrockerdave9
I've tried a few, most recently being a Fuzzface, which I think sounds great on its own, but I play in a 2 guitar band so I found it got completely lost in the mix.

The Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz is a five-voiced Fuzzface derivative that sounds nice. It has the same low volume issue, but it’s easy to mod it to be loud. They can usually be found used for around $50—sometimes with the volume mod already implemented!