Just got a new Bugera 6260 amp head, plugged it in, made sure it was connected to a cab, and turned switched it on. Obviously, the tubes have to warm up, but the indicator light didn't come on.

I've heard stories of Bugeras blowing fuses immediately upon use, and I'm worried that's what's happened here. Does the light also take some time to come on? Is there something I'm missing? I can provide pics of the rig if that'd help.

Thanks in advance.
Either the fuse is bad, the light is bad, the head is bad or you don't have power applied.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Well I'm fairly sure the power is supplied (hurr durr), don't think the light is bad because with the guitar plugged in and turned up there should be SOME sound regardless how faint.

If it's the fuse that's a fairly easy and cheap fix, really hope this brand new head isn't screwed. That would suck.
do the tubes light up? if not then then check the fuse. replace the fuse and see if it works.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
do the tubes light up? if not then then check the fuse. replace the fuse and see if it works.

No, the tubes aren't lighting up. Should they immediately and gradually grow brighter or something? This is my first tube amp so not 100% on what I should be looking out for.
Make sure you're not plugging into a switched outlet. Some homes have these and hitting a switch on the wall applies or removes power - I have some in this home.

If that's not it, then you've got a bad Bugera. Not to hate on Bugera (although it's easy), they are Behringer and neither has a stellar track record for quality products.
If the tubes were working you would know. Especially with the lights out

I'm sure a fuse is blown but there are several fuses in the amp and I'd hate for you to negate your warranty. Just do as I suggested and play it safe by contacting shop for DOA replacement. Tell them you have a gig this weekend and you need overnight shipping.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 20, 2015,
That sucks. My 5150 tubes light up almost immediately.

Call whomever you purchased it from ASAP. Hopefully it was a reputable dealer.

Joke - at least it didn't catch on fire

Seriously - the value part of me would so buy a Bugera but I didn't know they existed when I bought my 5150 and don't gig it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
If the tubes were working you would know. Especially with the lights out

I'm sure a fuse is blown but there are several fuses in the amp and I'd hate for you to negate your warranty. Just do as I suggested and play it safe by contacting shop for DOA replacement. Tell them you have a gig this weekend and you need overnight shipping.

I've ordered some replacement fuses so I can check, only plan on trying to replace the one that slides right out in the back.

If that' doesn't work, I got it from Musician's Friend and they're pretty good about backing up their sales.
Quote by metalmingee
That sucks. My 5150 tubes light up almost immediately.

Call whomever you purchased it from ASAP. Hopefully it was a reputable dealer.

Joke - at least it didn't catch on fire

Seriously - the value part of me would so buy a Bugera but I didn't know they existed when I bought my 5150 and don't gig it.

Yeah I got a 6260 and 2x12 cab for a little over $400, and the 6260 is supposed to be pretty good for the high gain I'm looking for. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse so I can swap it and get this thing going.
return it and buy something that isn't bugera .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
return it and buy something that isn't bugera .

If you've got a suggestion for a similar amp and 2x12 for $400 that also has a 3 year warranty, I'm all ears?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
If you've got a suggestion for a similar amp and 2x12 for $400 that also has a 3 year warranty, I'm all ears?

i wasn't totally serious, it was in jest.

for what its worth, i saw a JSX 2x12" go for $350 on CL recently, no warranty, but warrantys aren't always practical either.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i wasn't totally serious, it was in jest.

for what its worth, i saw a JSX 2x12" go for $350 on CL recently, no warranty, but warrantys aren't always practical either.

Yeah, warranty only matters if you've got time to return it.

Although I note the MF recently "fronted" me an amp under warranty with the understanding that if I didn't return the failed unit within 14 days they would charge me for both.

And truth be told, If I could only take one amp to a gig and it absolutely, positively HAD to work, I'd take my old-assed Peavey Triumph before my brand-new and still under warranty Bugera 6262.

I might feel differently in a few years, but not yet.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Although I note the MF recently "fronted" me an amp under warranty with the understanding that if I didn't return the failed unit within 14 days they would charge me for both.

And truth be told, If I could only take one amp to a gig and it absolutely, positively HAD to work, I'd take my old-assed Peavey Triumph before my brand-new and still under warranty Bugera 6262.

Yeah I'd tend to agree, but I'm not gigging or anything so I'd rather save the few hundred bucks. It also seems like if you get a Bugera that works than it works just as long as any other brand, you just might be SOL out of the box sometimes.
Quote by ab529235
Yeah I'd tend to agree, but I'm not gigging or anything so I'd rather save the few hundred bucks. It also seems like if you get a Bugera that works than it works just as long as any other brand, you just might be SOL out of the box sometimes.

Bugera QC sucks at best. well you've seen this first hand haven't you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Arby911

MF has fronted things for me too.

some warranties from the manufacture you have to pay shipping both ways, on a 60lb+ amp that would probably cost more than its worth (totaled like how insurance companies do with cars).

i would for sure have a backup on hand.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
So if anyone still sees this, update:

Got some new fuses in, replaced the one in the back, and it turned on! However, after a few seconds, the first tube would flash brightly, and a loud popping sound would come out of the cab whenever it flashed. After a few, the indicator light turned off again, meaning something else blew, be it the fuse or the tube itself. I take it it's time to send it back and get a new one/another head?
sorry to say the only bugera product that I would consider buying is the vintage series ie the v22/v55. they will not get the tone that you are after though. save your bread and look out for a 5150 2x12 combo. if you must have the head they can be found on the cheap if you look hard enough.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by ab529235
So if anyone still sees this, update:

Got some new fuses in, replaced the one in the back, and it turned on! However, after a few seconds, the first tube would flash brightly, and a loud popping sound would come out of the cab whenever it flashed. After a few, the indicator light turned off again, meaning something else blew, be it the fuse or the tube itself. I take it it's time to send it back and get a new one/another head?

Bad tube or tubes. It happens. You can either return it or Bugera will send you replacement(s).
Charles Darwin
Did you call whomever you purchased it from yet?
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by metalmingee
Did you call whomever you purchased it from yet?

Yeah it was Musician's Friend and they're great about returns. I'm sending it back in and trying a brand new one (this one was open box). If it doesn't work then I can return it again for a full refund or credit towards something else, so I'm giving Bugera one more chance.
Cool. Sounds like a bad tube.

Upon receiving the new one, reseat all of the tubes before you first power it on.

Good luck!
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims