I received mine yesterday. Thought I had an adapter, but was mistaken. Put a brand new battery in it today and plugged in. I'm getting nothing but a high pitched squeal. Looks like I'm going to have to return it for an exchange and end up back at the bottom of the "ship to" list. I ordered it Feb 6th. Thoroughly bummed. Anyone else get theirs yet? Does it work properly, or does it have the same issue as the one I received?
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at May 20, 2015,
I haven't even seen one in the stores yet, so I cannot say if you got a bad one, or if it is something endemic to the unit. Give the people at Ampeg a call or an e-mail and see what they have to say:

(425) 892-6500

techmail@loudtechinc.com

They might be able to clear up the problem easily, or send you a new unit if you got a lemon.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Just needed a better battery. The voltage was fine, but the current was too low.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"