Page 1 of 2
Welcome to the safe haven for first-world douchebags like you and I.

fragrance (n): Anything people spray on themselves to change the way they smell

Possible topics of discussion.
  • Do you use fragrances? If so, perfume, cologne, body spray, something else?
  • What kind is it?
  • How often do you use fragrances?
  • Talk about how you abused fragrances in middle school (probably bought it on the same trip you bought the hair gel because you're a douchebag). It was probably body spray like Tag, Axe, or Old Spice.
  • Do you find some sort of relationship between fragrances people use and how attracted you are to them?

All right?

Yeah. I've got a few as gifts and I try to use gifts as much as I can. I've got two colognes left from the three I received last year (I guess my loved ones think I smell ).

• What kind is it?

I use it right before I leave the house for the day.

• Talk about how you abused fragrances in middle school (probably bought it on the same trip you bought the hair gel because you're a douchebag). It was probably body spray like Tag, Axe, or Old Spice.
    Lol, yeah. Loads of body spray. I was always well stocked on Tag, Axe, or Old Spice.

• Do you find some sort of relationship between fragrances people use and how attracted you are to them?
    I love when a QT is wearing perfume. Sometimes I associate certain perfumes with women. Like I'll be reminded of a woman in my life because I can smell the perfume she wears/used to wear.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at May 21, 2015,
I wear Versace Eros.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Right? We are so money and everybody oughta know it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
YES I luv fragrances

•Do you use fragrances? If so, perfume, cologne, body spray, something else?

Perfume/body spray/scented lotions. I also like candles so basically I like surrounding myself with nice smells.

•What kind is it?

I have lots......but my current body spray for home is warm vanilla from Bath & Body Works and for when I go out is JPG Classique. I just finished JPG Madame Eau Fraiche (2009) which was really nice and next in line is Jimmy Choo. (It should be Velvet Orchid by Tom Ford but I'm saving it because it feels special.) I have a mini rollerball of Marc Jacobs Daisy for when I travel.

In addition to this I have zillions of samples and travel sets I've accumulated over the years, such as Escada Island Kiss, DKNY Be Delicious, Kenzo, Versace Couture Jasmine, and lots of JPG minis. I have a whole drawer of perfume.

•How often do you use fragrances?

Daily.

•Talk about how you abused fragrances in middle school (probably bought it on the same trip you bought the hair gel because you're a douchebag). It was probably body spray like Tag, Axe, or Old Spice.

let's just say the girls' bathrooms always smelled like The Body Shop exploded in there. I liked everything from the Japanese Cherry Blossom line

•Do you find some sort of relationship between fragrances people use and how attracted you are to them?

yes, if I don't like how they smell I won't be attracted to them.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at May 21, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
  • What kind is it?

-I have considered using fragrance but I do not. like I'm spending money on that lol.
-N/A
-N/A
-I did not use fragrances myself but I did sometimes use other people's if I felt I needed to lol. one time I used my friend's cheap cologne to try it and someone called me a "French *****" okay that's bad and the general perception of French women in the USA is not okay, alright? I am a douchebag however I did not use gel.
-I think good fragrances smell good and I like them on other people but as long as they don't smell bad idgaf.

tbh I just go for neutral smell w/ slight scent. obviously I wear deodorant and keep myself clean. the left over smell from showering and washing my hair and using that body wash leaves a light scent that lasts for a while and I never felt the need to spray myself up with cologne or w/e.
Quote by guitarxo
YES I luv fragrances

I can always count on guitarxo to express interest in my dumb threads. We'd get along IRL.
Quote by slipknot5678
-I have considered using fragrance but I do not. like I'm spending money on that lol.

Maybe you oughta invest in a fragrance. You'll soon turn those leans into kisses. Here's how it works using simple maths.

#leanin2015    →    #kissin2015
            (cologne)

I've not spent any money on it. They're classic gifts from women with whom you used to be involved*, so I can smell good without paying the price.

*Source: A national survey was conducted by C. Mendiola in 2014 where in n = 1, n is the number of participants who were asked about how they obtained their fragrances.
Free Ali

I'm cheap. Come at me.

Seriously though, I like the smell
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Yes.

A spray of Brit by Burberry on the nicest of nights.

I use deodorant daily. Prefer the smell of original Brut, but Mitchum is also nice.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Yes.

A spray of Brit by Burberry on the nicest of nights.

Is it tacky that I wear stuff like this before I leave the house to serve fast food? I invariably come home smelling of burgers and french fries anyway, but at least it staves it off for a few hours.
Free Ali
If I don't shower for a day or so, or if I get a little musty doing some work, my wife really likes my slight sweat smell. She says it's pheromones, I think it's weird.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by chrismendiola
Is it tacky that I wear stuff like this before I leave the house to serve fast food? I invariably come home smelling of burgers and french fries anyway, but at least it staves it off for a few hours.

Is it ever really tacky to smell nice?
any kind of perfume tends to give me a headache so i tend to avoid them

i don't mind other people wearing them but so long as its not super overpowering

sometimes i'd just prefer to smell the persons body odour
  • What kind is it?

1. I don't really wear any although I do have some cologne that I spray on every once in awhile if I feel like it. I pretty much rely on showering and using deodorant, and that seems to work as I'm always getting compliments (girlfriend's, female friends, etc) on how I smell good

2. See above

3. DEFINITELY used to use/abuse Axe, Old Spice, Tag, all of them. Very popular in the gym locker room after PE. Can't imagine how I was able to breathe in there back then.

4. I do think there is some sort of connection there. As you said, there are certain fragrances that I will smell and associate with a certain person, ex girlfriends and such. I will immediately think of them when I smell it. To this day that Victoria's Secret "Love Spell" brings back memories of a girlfriend from way back in 2007. It's funny because just the other day I got a whiff of someones perfume and immediately started looking around for my girlfriend till I remembered she was a plane ride away on vacation
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at May 21, 2015,
One time I tried one of Taylor Swift's fragrances. That shіt smelled good.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I'm a douche and use Axe or Old Spice most times.

Tbh though, I have cologne as well, and most people can't tell the difference cause the body sprays I get smell pretty terrific when combined with my natural musk
Old Spice stick only, some "barrier reef/surf" type one that smells good or some shit.

I got some Armani Code and Cuban Cigar type colognes like 2 christmases ago, but I never use them because I'm not a tool that wears scarves and has Hillary bumper stickers on my scion and whatever
I like the Lion and the Wolf one from Old Spice. Which, coincidentally, are the two centerpiece Houses in Game of Thrones, hehe. My GF got them for me as a joke, but they actually turned out to smell really really good
yeh I used to use some quality stuff

and some others I can't remember

I don't use cologne anymore cause I'm not around people as much, and it can get a bit expensive
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
LOL!!! Diesel looks like it'd smell good in a Tapout shirt in a lifted f250.

Nice on the Armani Code (even though I never use it)
yeah the diesel's branding is funny lol. great smell though, cheaper than armani and jean paul gauthier and stuff

and yeah Armani Code...I love it. so good
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
do most men wear cologne?

'cause my whole life I've been told that that's something for "uppity" men.

but then sometimes I come across people with a nice scent who aren't wearing brooks brothers and I think to myself, "nice".
Quote by chrismendiola

Not tacky at all. In a way you owe it to the customers.
unless they make a "scent of toronto" that smells like pollution and crushed dreams i aint about that life unless its a special occasion.
i don't use any sprays except very very rarely
use an olive body wash cause it smells pleasant but in any way in particular
shave with w/ sandalwood oil & cream & aftershave.
i use deodorant that smells like hospital style antiseptic
my natural smell is too strong for these to matter
i don't know why i feel so dry
I was mistaken earlier. I wear Touch, not Brit by Burberry. I have both, but prefer Touch.
Quote by Dreadnought
I was mistaken earlier. I wear Touch, not Brit by Burberry. I have both, but prefer Touch.

HUU, also. It's great, isn't it?
Free Ali
Quote by slipknot5678
do most men wear cologne?

'cause my whole life I've been told that that's something for "uppity" men.

Do yourself a favor and just stop listening to anything your dad says.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr

Don't tell my son what to do, especially if it involves not listening to me.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot he may not know this.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at May 22, 2015,
All my male relatives and most of my male friends wear some sort of fragrance daily and I am so grateful they do. Just don't be like my mom and spray it 10 times.

(or maybe I'm just sensitive to her perfume - it's Cartier La Panthere and it made me sneeze even when I was just testing it in the store, but it smells so good though)
cat
Quote by ErikLensherr

this isn't coming from my dad. my dad is one of the most uppity people there are anyway.

it's just like, do I wanna go spend $40 on something I don't need? and no, I don't smell bad. (I sometimes get complimented on my smell despite not wearing cologne LOL people getting too close to me or something idk).

chris you are the worst actor ever not enough calling me a piece of shit or w/e.
I don't wear perfume daily but I do use Neutrogena's body oil plus I make my own concoction of conditioning spray for my hair that I really like how it smells. People often tell me I smell good. If I do decide to use perfume I wear J'Adore or Issey Miyake.
Quote by chrismendiola
HUU, also. It's great, isn't it?

Yep, my wife got it for me years ago before we were married
only use old spice BUT I have been considering the ones listed in OP

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by chrismendiola

I love when a QT is wearing perfume. Sometimes I associate certain perfumes with women. Like I'll be reminded of a woman in my life because I can smell the perfume she wears/used to wear.

I didn't notice your own responses to your questions when I initially read the thread.

To this question, it's an absolutely. I can think of two strong examples. My ex, the first serious girlfriend I had in my life in high school, wore a nice perfume, and if I ever catch it on the wind walking in a public place or drifting vaguely from somewhere, I'm hit with immediate nostalgia and marginal emotions.

Alternatively, on every one of my deployments my wife has either sent me a letter with a spray of her perfume(s) or has thrown something scented with it into my baggage beforehand.

The scent and memory emotional connection is strong.
CK Eternity Aqua or Dark Obsession are my everyday sprays. I like D&G though and will buy that as my next bottle.
pinga
Bump because I switched it up.

#straightsauvage
Quote by jakesmellspoo
My Versace cologne was diminished a few weeks ago. I gotta find me a new one. Someone HMU with suggestions.
Free Ali
Page 1 of 2