i did a trade a few hours ago, and i ended up with this: a Fender MIM FSR.

i don't know much about it. it is 100% stock. it is similar to the regular MIMs, execpt for the colors, headstock logo, and that it has 50's voiced pickups.

i have to restring it and set it up, 9's are like spaghetti. the fretwork is great for a MIM guitar, its somewhat rolled like they do with the USA series, but not quite. it is still a very good for being a budget guitar. it has a really big trem block that i haven't seen on a MIM. the sustain is great, especially for a cheap guitar. the pickups don't have a ton of output, but are well balanced. and it sounds good with the zendrive going into the dual terror (really good combination FWIW).

i have about a total or $180 invested in it, after profiting on the trade and getting cash. couldn't be happier.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
And here I was thinking you were a Telecaster junkie.

Looks like a tasty axe. HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ohhhhh. That is one cute guitar my friend. I'm loving that color combo. I like the trem block as well. I'm not big on using the standard trem on a Strat myself so it makes sense to me. Happy NGD!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
And here I was thinking you were a Telecaster junkie.

Looks like a tasty axe. HNGD!

Haha I don't discriminate. I have a lot of different guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by GraceByDeath
Ohhhhh. That is one cute guitar my friend. I'm loving that color combo. I like the trem block as well. I'm not big on using the standard trem on a Strat myself so it makes sense to me. Happy NGD!

Thanks! I never use trems on strats. I deck them. I think that the bigger block could help with sustain.

I am going to pick up graphtech saddles tomorrow. I have them on my other strat and I don't chew strings up with them. I don't remember what spacing I need though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Thanks! I never use trems on strats. I deck them.

Really?

Well, one of these days, let me help you find a decent hardtail Strat or Stratclone. That way, you won't be paying for stuff you don't need and disable anyway!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 21, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Really?

Well, one of these days, let me help you find a decent hardtail Strats or Stratclone. That way, you won't be paying for stuff you don't need and disable anyway!

i only use the trems on my ibanez prestiges. they hold tune through abuse, strat trems just suck. blocking them isn't a big deal. after a while, i am still liking my '96 (maybe '97 i forget), better, but that could be blood sweat and tears. my '96 (lets call it that), is developing a very nice patina, the white is aging into a cream, its looking really nice.

the FSR is really nice too though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Lovely strat.Do you live in a mansion?Its seems every day i browse the site you have new gear?I would love that have room to store all the gear you have.Are you a professional musician?I hope i'm not coming off as rude but im geniuly intrested.
No one wants strings like spaghetti - all that gluten
HNStratD!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by smittyanthrax
Lovely strat.Do you live in a mansion?Its seems every day i browse the site you have new gear?I would love that have room to store all the gear you have.Are you a professional musician?I hope i'm not coming off as rude but im geniuly intrested.

i don't live in a mansion. haha. i haven't been spending as much money as usual, the rockerverb was my big purchase, and other that that this year i only picked p two guitars, one clearance for $300 and one for around

i am not a professional musician. i do teach lessons and regularly do open mics. i have had been in several diffrerent gigging bands. i do some home recording. i am seeking a band at the moment. i am also the guitar and instrument tech at my church, i don't play there because i don't enjoy playing that music a whole lot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Jmoarguitar
Usually not a fan of black strats but the black pickguard and cream electronics look awesome. Congrats

i am not a fan of black strats in general either. i do also think it works because it has a maple fretboard and the cream electronics, i don't think it would work with rosewood.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by The Judist
No one wants strings like spaghetti - all that gluten
HNStratD!

haha i had to laugh at that. my mother in law has celiac disease, its easier now that it was before, more options at restaurants and the grocery stores too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
really nice guitar, i had a heavily modded mim strat that i sold off when i got my deluxe. I kinda miss it, MIM strats are very nice guitars for their price and you got one hell of a deal! Was that local (tampa) cause i am trolling Craigs every day
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
really nice guitar, i had a heavily modded mim strat that i sold off when i got my deluxe. I kinda miss it, MIM strats are very nice guitars for their price and you got one hell of a deal! Was that local (tampa) cause i am trolling Craigs every day

yea that was in tampa on CL. i like my two MIM strats, but my MIA teles are much better instruments

here are my teles:

USA DLX Plus Series II, USA STD, and a USA 52AVRI
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Love me some black strat action

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh384/buckethead_311/Guitars/IMG_9244.jpg[/IMG]

damn fine my friend.

in Minnesota i have a black Squier Strat i refinished and paired it with a carbon fiber pickguitard pretty sexy too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea that was in tampa on CL. i like my two MIM strats, but my MIA teles are much better instruments

here are my teles:

USA DLX Plus Series II, USA STD, and a USA 52AVRI

Very Nice!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
A black Strat with a maple fretboard? You cannot go wrong with that combination! HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Hngd
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi