Anyone want to share which cheapest but best studio headphones they've used?
I've been hearing Audio technica MH50 is one of the best. Anyone have something cheaper and better alternatives?
What's your budget?
Do you need them to be closed back (no sound bleed, more noise isolation)?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have a set of Sennheiser HD201s that are really good. They can be had for less than £15.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I can probably afford MH50 but I just think I'm doing overkill with the price. I prefer closed types. I'm also looking at the AKG 912 and Senheisers like the HD201 or higher models. I wouldn't want to spend too much if I can get something cheaper with the same quality.

Anyone tried AKG912 or the 77s or 99s? or maybe the Audio Technica MH30?
I play through an AKG K240 sometimes. They're OK, but honestly, I haven't found any headphone that really sounds very good for guitar. The only time I use them is when I can't bother the room next door. As soon as I'm able, I pull the headphone cable and play with the speaker. It always sounds way better to my ears. There might be better choices, but the K240's run around $100 and they're decent.
I have large, over the ear Sony headphones, purchased at a Sony outlet store for $5- they were refurbished. They're not quite as big as true studio monitors, but they're close.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have large, over the ear Sony headphones, purchased at a Sony outlet store for $5- they were refurbished. They're not quite as big as true studio monitors, but they're close.

I use these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/gear-one-g100dx-isolation-headphones

I got 3 pairs for $27 on a SDOTD sale a couple of years ago. Given my limited playing skills, worrying about precise sound quality and reproduction in my headphones would be cork-sniffery of the highest order...

Well, that and the fact that I seldom use them, much preferring to simply crank that shit UP!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If for whatever reason you prefer closed back headphones, def get a pair of M50 or M50x.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Generally, you're looking at around $100 for good studio-quality headphones (these do NOT include Beats). Sony 7506, Sennheiser 280, AKG 240, BeyerDynamic 770 are all examples of studio-level headphones. Pick the one you like the best. I've got the AKG and Sony versions, FWIW.

You're not overspending at those levels, but if you're spending beyond $200, you're probably not getting value for the money. Avoid the headphones designed for DJ work or for emphasized bass response.
For guitar practice I often use a set of $15 Sony headphones. Cheap shit headphones have no low end and no high end. This means I’m not distracted by hiss, hum, or a tiny speaker resonating with low notes.