Page 1 of 3
Who should cook in the house, the man or the woman? If the man works but the woman doesn't she gets to cook or nah this isn't the 70's. If it's the other way around does the man has to cook or nah I want this to still be the 70's.

If both are in a similar position (work/free time) who is responsible for the general chores of the house, the man or the woman?

How does all of this works man.
Whoever is the best cook. There's plenty of other things that need doing you can share responsibility over.
do it together or take it in turns?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by JackalUK
Whoever is the best cook. There's plenty of other things that need doing you can share responsibility over.

Suppose that both are the best cooks, and both don't want to cook. What other things determine who gets to cook.

I am using cooking as an example because it HAS to be done or they both die of starvation, but could be any other important chore.
My wife takes care of most of the cleaning. I help out. She prefers that I don't because I'm real bad at, by her standards.

We take equal parts in the cooking, cuz we both really like it.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by VillainousLatin
Suppose that both are the best cooks, and both don't want to cook. What other things determine who gets to cook.

I am using cooking as an example because it HAS to be done or they both die of starvation, but could be any other important chore.

That's why G_D invented takeout...

More seriously, this is an issue that ONLY the people involved can decide, and if they can't come to an accommodation on this, they probably won't be together long anyway.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
It's an inevitable power struggle that will go on until the end of time.. Or at least until we employ domestic robots to do everything for us.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Holy fuck...

This just became a whole lot more complicated.

And we ain't even getting into polygamy
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by VillainousLatin
A polygamy of same sex people?

wtf dude.

pretty sure it's called a football team
Check out my band Disturbed
I always did the washing up etc in my flat with my girlfriend (before we broke up) cause I have such particular standards and most of the time if she'd done them I'd just end up doing them again cause she never did them well enough

My theory on it is that there should be a proportionate balance, with concessions made each way so that if there's a certain chore that one person hates doing then the other does it but that person then doesn't have to do something they dislike etc.

The other thing is that if you let someone else help/tell them to help and then they do it in a different manner then you shouldn't moan about it. If you're that bothered by their method to the point that you're going to abuse the other person over it then you should just be doing it yourself and give them a different job.

To be honest, if the people can't find a balance and can't agree on something as simple as keeping their home in a manner in which they can actually live then they shouldn't be together.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at May 21, 2015,
Quote by digman50
I always did the washing up etc in my flat with my girlfriend (before we broke up) cause I have such particular standards and most of the time if she'd done them I'd just end up doing them again cause she never did them well enough

Can't imagine why you broke up...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Whoever is the best cook. Or whoever likes cooking.

Or if nobody likes cooking, take turns/whoever has time.

Quote by digman50

It's because she didn't match up to the high standards that your butler set, isn't it?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
a small latina that i pay 24 cents an hour
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Depends on the comparative advantage the people in the household have.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JackalUK

This. In my house this is me, so I cook 90% of the time. So what? Makes little difference to me
Quote by SMH07

It's because she didn't match up to the high standards that your butler set, isn't it?

My standards are similar to that of an actual dishwasher, hers are equivalent to someone rinsing a plate in a river and then rubbing any marks off with their fingers.

In terms of cooking, it should be whoever is best/whoever enjoys it most. It really depends on individual cases though.

Quote by digman50
My standards are similar to that of an actual dishwasher, hers are equivalent to someone rinsing a plate in a river and then rubbing any marks off with their fingers.

In terms of cooking, it should be whoever is best/whoever enjoys it most. It really depends on individual cases though.

So.. you were going out with a homeless person?
Digman having a girlfriend just doesn't seem right to me.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Digman having a girlfriend just doesn't seem right to me.

boyfriend?
Quote by sam b
boyfriend?

He just seems like a person that dies miserably and alone.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sam b
So.. you were going out with a homeless person?

Seriously, I wouldn't eat anything off a plate that she'd 'cleaned'

I always thought it was ****ing stupid that one or the other should do anything. My girlfriend and I both cook and both clean because it's easier for everyone. I'm going to end up cleaning a lot more during the summer because I couldn't find a job. She has one and so does my roommate. I'm going to be in the house while they're gone so I'll probably end up cleaning more than them to even things out. like why would I make my girlfriend clean just because she's a girl.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by JackalUK
Whoever is the best cook.

Well this is a matter of persistence. After being poisoned several times in what I consider the great chicken incidents of 2012, my friend can now make adequate chicken to the point where I no longer get poisoned.

Alternatively I have a built an immunity to chicken poison.
Quote by digman50
Seriously, I wouldn't eat anything off a plate that she'd 'cleaned'

Would piss me off to be fair Dirty (drinking) glasses are the worst
I would prefer it to be me if I were involved because I like cooking for people. However, it really should be whoever has more time for it and doesn't hate it and can cook something edible.
cat
Whoever wants to
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i hope my wife will cook for me because i am dick at it, but i also hope that by the time i'm married i won't be so shit and i'll be able to cook for myself and for her. we will see.
i don't know why i feel so dry
whoever can be bothered.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Woman or microwave - whichever can work quicker.

If BBQ, man. Man make fire, fire make man.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Page 1 of 3