im looking at theses amps currently and i want to upgrade, currently i have a little samick thats old and its kinda bad

http://www.thomann.de/ie/orange_crush_12...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_mustang_...

or a marshall G80RCD

im open to suggestions i have also thought of a line 6 pod but im not sure, i like to play greenday, ac/dc etc i might also be getting a strat affinity and might try stratty kind of music, im still kind of a beginner

also my budget isnt strictly 100€ i could probably go like 120€ or a little higher
do you need volume or is it strictly for home practice?

EDIT: for ac/dc and green day consider a strat with a bridge humbucker (HSS strat) rather than the one with 3 single coils.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you need volume or is it strictly for home practice?

EDIT: for ac/dc and green day consider a strat with a bridge humbucker (HSS strat) rather than the one with 3 single coils.

home practice really and i already have an epiphone sg and les paul special so i could hold off on a strat for awhile i guess
oh right ok, thanks.

just be careful about buying a whole bunch of beginner quality guitars. All your guitars don't have to be custom shop quality, or even close, to have good guitars, but I think most people should say you should be aiming higher than the really lowest beginner instruments when you have multiple guitars.

if it's only for home practice the vox mini3 (I have the older version, I haven't tried the newer) or roland microcube are pretty nice. the vox is more versatile and arguably sounds a bit more natural, but the microcube probably has the edge for heavier stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh right ok, thanks.

just be careful about buying a whole bunch of beginner quality guitars. All your guitars don't have to be custom shop quality, or even close, to have good guitars, but I think most people should say you should be aiming higher than the really lowest beginner instruments when you have multiple guitars.

if it's only for home practice the vox mini3 (I have the older version, I haven't tried the newer) or roland microcube are pretty nice. the vox is more versatile and arguably sounds a bit more natural, but the microcube probably has the edge for heavier stuff.

yeah, i was thinking on selling my les paul and getting the strat and using my sg for humbucker stuff although im not 100% sure, i want to get a strat but at the same time i want a new amp
yeah you kind of just need to decide which you need more

which epi sg is it? if it's the g400, it has the rep of being pretty decent (i haven't tried it). it'd probably be worth hanging onto in that case.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah you kind of just need to decide which you need more

which epi sg is it? if it's the g400, it has the rep of being pretty decent (i haven't tried it). it'd probably be worth hanging onto in that case.

yeah i think it is the g400, need to get it fixed tho bridge pickup only works still a great sounding guitar, really easy to play too
^ Yeah. There's a fair chance it's just the wiring or the switch, rather than the whole pickup being broken.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For a nice little amp I'd recommend a fender excelsior or silvertone 1472. The reissue of the silvertone 1449 with its lipstick singlecoil pickups might surprise you as well.
^ the excelsior is nice (though some rattle), but I dunno if it's really what he wants for the tones he's after. Also it's going to be a fair bit over budget I think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Yeah. There's a fair chance it's just the wiring or the switch, rather than the whole pickup being broken.

i would wager that the switch needs to be cleaned, OP get some contact cleaner (i like deoxit) and shoot a little onto the contacts and work it in. i have had that happen in at least four or five times (different guitars)

i don't think any of the amps listed in the first post are great (or even decent).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/