I am playing every wednesday starting in august at my churches youthgroup. We hold youthgroup in a basement like place under the church. We have a PA but there is only one guitar input for our worahip leader and his acoustic. I was looking at the fender mustang I but dont know if 20 watts will support me with a pianist, 2 banjoes, a jazz drummer, and an acoustic. I play an epi wildkat if that helps.
it sounds like they need a new PA.

a 20 watt practice amp will likely not hold its own.

what is your budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So I guess a Twin is outta the question. Can you save up another $100-$200? Decent amps for a band setting tend to start around $300-$400, from my experience, ymmv.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I was going to look into the champion 40 but then decided not to with the lack of effects compared to the mustang.
you could easily find a used fender hot rod deluxe for around $350 on CL... or even a little fender blues jr cranked would work if you're drummer isn't a maniac and you don't mind some dirt.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by kastewartncs
I was going to look into the champion 40 but then decided not to with the lack of effects compared to the mustang.

Don't get hung up on the 'effects', as they don't add as much value as you might think.

Get the right amp, regardless of the bells and whistles is has (or doesn't have), and then consider what effects you really need. For a P&W band where lead is played on acoustic, I can't imagine you need a lot of them.

And they don't matter at all if no one can hear you...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I'd suggest a used ValveKing 112. They are around your budget and should be plenty loud enough. The clean channel is really nice. I bought one for $130 and sold it for quite a bit more than that.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .