So today I traded my Epiphone Dot Studio for a PRS SE 245. I have always wanted a PRS and even though it wasn't one of their American models, it was totally worth the trade. It is a 2011 model in gloss black, as the name indicates it has a 24.5" scale and 22 frets. 2 vol and 2 tone controls and a 3 way selector.

My first guitar was a Epiphone Special II, so this feels very familiar but a lot better IMO. I also have a Schecter which has been my main guitar for a couple years, I dismantled my original Epiphone and built a guitar in high school shop class, and had my Dot which I then traded. I thinks its safe to say my Schecter has lost its top spot lol.

I have always though Gibson Les Pauls were overrated as everyone I've played has been too heavy and "chunky" feeling for me. The PRS on the other hand feels perfect for me. The neck is a bit wider than my Shecter, but thinner as well, more like the Epiphones I'm used to. I've played a few SE's before, and this one definitely lives up to the PRS name.

The only issue I've had is my tendency to hit my pickup selector into the middle or neck position when I'm in the middle of a heavy riff using my bridge pickup, but that's just something to get used to. There is also one chip on the back er...shoulder of the guitar, but nothing you can see from the front. All in all I'm very happy with the trade!

Picture Time!
http://postimg.org/image/akw6snmup/

http://postimg.org/image/sdxnep65j/

http://postimg.org/image/6aq957xi7/

No it's not a silverburst lol but I do like what the light does to the color
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Congrats!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WildMiles96
So today I traded my Epiphone Dot Studio for a PRS SE 245. I have always wanted a PRS and even though it wasn't one of their American models, it was totally worth the trade. It is a 2011 model in gloss black, as the name indicates it has a 24.5" scale and 22 frets. 2 vol and 2 tone controls and a 3 way selector.

My first guitar was a Epiphone Special II, so this feels very familiar but a lot better IMO. I also have a Schecter which has been my main guitar for a couple years, I dismantled my original Epiphone and built a guitar in high school shop class, and had my Dot which I then traded. I thinks its safe to say my Schecter has lost its top spot lol.

I have always though Gibson Les Pauls were overrated as everyone I've played has been too heavy and "chunky" feeling for me. The PRS on the other hand feels perfect for me. The neck is a bit wider than my Shecter, but thinner as well, more like the Epiphones I'm used to. I've played a few SE's before, and this one definitely lives up to the PRS name.

The only issue I've had is my tendency to hit my pickup selector into the middle or neck position when I'm in the middle of a heavy riff using my bridge pickup, but that's just something to get used to. There is also one chip on the back er...shoulder of the guitar, but nothing you can see from the front. All in all I'm very happy with the trade!

Picture Time!
http://postimg.org/image/akw6snmup/

http://postimg.org/image/sdxnep65j/

http://postimg.org/image/6aq957xi7/

No it's not a silverburst lol but I do like what the light does to the color

Congrats!
very nice, congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD! It's a pretty sharp looking PRS man. The 24.5" scale sounds weird but cool to me. I've only ever owned 25.5" scales myself. (Other than my bass or 3/4 scale instruments as a kid.)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I'm still getting used to the change in scale as I'd mostly been playing my 24 fret schecter before the trade. I miss my 9th and 10th frets a lot lol, but that's also an area where the frets seem to dig into my palm a bit imo;they're smooth along the side of the neck, just rough when playing. Maybe it's just my play style so I'll just have to deal with or redress my frets
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Like the 21st and 22nd? They do look a bit uncomfortable, but I've only actually ever had 1 guitar where those frets were really not a big deal to play and that's my Jackson RRMG. Tis nice.=D That PRS looks sweet though. Looks all kinds of classy.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Thanks for the compliments guys. As to the fret issue, I meant between the 9 and 15th frets. I notice when playing Sleep Apnea by Chevelle, as there are a lot of hammer-on's on that area of the neck.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox