https://soundcloud.com/raukolith-guitar/metal-3-demo

the guitar solo doesn't sit quite right in the mix and i'm not sure how to fix it. the performance of it is also kind of sloppy; i wanted to finish recording this and move onto writing something new, but i'm not sure if it's too sloppy and i should go back and take a few more days to practice and try again. i'm not totally satisfied with the part before the solo, and some of the crash hits might be too low in the mix? also i know my drum programming is pretty woefully boring ._____. anything else i should be aware of? any feedback would be appreciated
Hi,

I pretty like it. I agree with the crash, sometimes it's too low. The rest of the song is good for me haha, it's heavy and kind of ballsy haha.
The song is decent and the guitar technic too. I think you can move on, after all, it's good to keep the song we do (even if there are mistakes) to look back and see how we have improved our quality =)

I also think a singer is missing haha

Cheers !
I pretty much mirror exactly what pierrejo said. In my opinion the rhythm guitar is awesome. At least through my system the bass almost seems a bit too loud (Could be the eq on it too). I think a singer would help this quite a bit. But as a demo, this is definitely sick. This is better than most metal songs people write nowadays, it has a plethora of riffs, and is sick. I REALLY love the pause around 157. That was super sick. Im a sucker for that kind of thing i guess. As for your solo, in the beginning your bends didnt sound quite right. However, i can tell you have technique, and kick ass on guitar! The part after the solo til the end is perfect to close out the song.
thanks again for critting my piece as well, keep rocking man!! Also, the backing on mine was most certainly a bit cheesy but that's what making it in 5 minutes, and having spent about 4 years in a glam band does to ya i suppose (I did just leave that to join a blues band though)! haha
Anyways great job man!! Enjoyed your song!
This is pretty damn good. Yeah the mix is a bit rough in some ways but it's not hard to listen to and the composition is awesome. I dont know why you think your drums are boring - I think you have done a really good job of making them diverse.

I think your bass sound is a little twangy (is that a valid description of bass?) but in a way it actually kind of fits. I really liked the sound of your solo tone and the solo itself is sweet even if it is a touch sloppy. actually skipped back a few times to re-listen to it. The way it comes in just puts a big ass smile on my face.

I'd be over the f*ing moon if I could come up with something this good and call it "rough" so I would guess there is no issue with moving on if thats what you want to do. I read an interesting article giving advice for home recording artists which said it is important for creativity and enjoyment to not polish everything to death. I use it as an excuse for saying "f it that'll do" quite a lot now.

Awesome work.

C4C if you fancy it - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676176

Cheers
Hey man, thanks for your review!

I reckon the mix on your hats is a little harsh, the hi hat sounds like it has alot of excessive 10k+ frequencies. The track is pretty cool, very balls out metal. The texture feels nice and full. The composition seems a bit haphazard, not too clear sections, try to define sections with certain parts or instruments coming in/fading out. The solo guitar is quite loud.

Nice track, Keep going!
Quote by rky
https://soundcloud.com/raukolith-guitar/metal-3-demo

the guitar solo doesn't sit quite right in the mix and i'm not sure how to fix it. the performance of it is also kind of sloppy; i wanted to finish recording this and move onto writing something new, but i'm not sure if it's too sloppy and i should go back and take a few more days to practice and try again. i'm not totally satisfied with the part before the solo, and some of the crash hits might be too low in the mix? also i know my drum programming is pretty woefully boring ._____. anything else i should be aware of? any feedback would be appreciated

Can I see your EQ? Maybe lower the presence by lowering the gain around the 6-9kHz area? Also, maybe the bass is a LITTLE too loud, so maybe lower around 150kHz for that one a bit. But I really like it! The mix overall sounds solid and I love the leads and the overall melodic and rhythmic progression; it has some solid unexpected events in the middle there